Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Off Road Lights

Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Uhm... That light melted your antenna.
Yep! the Mopar brackets mount the lights down and out away from the windshield. On NAM"s warriar brackets. The lights mount more up and in front of the windshield. Mopar makes a gay bracket to hold it away from the light but It was easier to bend it. Both brackets serve their purpose just fine. (except mine are better )

Old 03-21-2007, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CLACKEY573
Yep! the Mopar brackets mount the lights down and out away from the windshield. On NAM"s warriar brackets. The lights mount more up and in front of the windshield. Mopar makes a gay bracket to hold it away from the light but It was easier to bend it. Both brackets serve their purpose just fine. (except mine are better )

Where can you get the Mopar Brackets and what is the part number? Thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 03:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mbrown2
Where can you get the Mopar Brackets and what is the part number? Thanks
I got them from the dealer. Part # 82210556ab

Old 03-23-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Finally got my lights mounted. I fabricated my own mount that attaches to the top of the roller fairlead. They are PIAA dual beam with a daytime glow light.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-wr...ccessories.htm

they have assortment of light hardware & jk stuff
Old 03-23-2007, 10:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robar
Finally got my lights mounted. I fabricated my own mount that attaches to the top of the roller fairlead. They are PIAA dual beam with a daytime glow light.

Those PIAA lights are awesome! There are PIAA stores(one in Japan) that sell only PIAA products. They make one of the best lightings for cars and trucks.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

So where did everyone mount the switch for the lights on the interior? If you could post a picture, it would be helpful. I have ordered a pair ofblack Hella Rallye 4000 compact driving lamps (55w) and will be mounting them on the front bumper, but haven't decided where to mount the switch yet. Did you wire them so they turn on automatically with the high beams if the switch is "on", but not if it's "off" for in town driving? And, finally those of you who mountd your lights on the front bumper, did you need to take the bumper off to mount them? Thanks.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar

I love this look is this the LOD bumper.. second the only then i wish is that they offered a grill gaurd bar that would go over the winch and Lights to protect them a little more plus i like the look.. is there anywhere you can buy a grill bar to maybe bolt on or weld on??
Old 03-24-2007, 08:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Yes that is the LoD bumper. LoD is currently working on some whinch hoops & grill guards that are bolt on. They just haven't started taking orders or released pics yet. Hopefully soon though.

Quick Reply: Off Road Lights