Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ome Hd Suggestion

Old 09-12-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The rears you can slap on any time. Quick and easy two bolt install. I suggested the fronts simply because they go inside the coils.

so are they even needed?
OME HD - No bumpstop (I've read this is kinda bad...)

OME HD - With bumptop

Anyway, for me, bumpstops are definitely 'needed'. Even with the bumpstops, I still rub my 34's on the upper fenders.

Will you need them? Only you can decide that. But it's a lot better to have them and not need them, than to need them and have to rip the front end apart a second time to install. (the pics show just how I know that...)

Last edited by nthinuf; 09-12-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what size should i go with?
Old 09-12-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

I have 2" Rubicon Express lowers up front, and 2" TeraFlex lowers in back.

With spring spacers, I have a total of 4" of lift up front. As I mentioned above, even with the 2" ext bumpstop, I still rub my 34's on the upper fender. (I'll get around to trimming the fenders rather than add more bumpstop)

But that is disconnected. If you will not be disconnecting, you may not need them at all. (I haven't flexed while connected to check it, so can't answer that)
Old 09-12-2009, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

makes sense... i am planning on getting disconnects for the front... so finding the right size bump stops is a must
Old 09-12-2009, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the OME Kit, I got the fairly basic one from Northridge. (ie the OME springs (HD), shocks + adjustable track bars.) I also added Currie endlinks so that the swaybars would be at the right angle. I eventually had to add SpiderTraxx spacers (because the Currie endlink on the passenger rer tire was rubbing against the wheel.) Here's the link on my install:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/ome-install-progress-thoughts-pics-included-74110/

This is really about all you need in most circumstances. I run 90% street and the ride is supurb. Last week I went to Morris Mountain ORV in Alabama. The trail was gnarly. Full flex, stupid steep hills, trees, boulders, etc. Never had probs with the OME kit. The brake lines were fine and the Jeep stayed controlled on terrain that probably would have resulted in a flop on a stock Rubi suspension.

So, in short the OME kit + trackbars + endlinks + spacers are fine. The other stuff is nice, but Ive found it unnecessary Think the totalt bill for all above was around $1100.

BTW, I got 3 5/8" lift from my OME "2-inch" HD kit. That's AFTER settling.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74110
Old 09-12-2009, 10:30 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

The brake lines were fine and
Even with the extended brake lines from northridge, I still ripped a rear line off the frame. So I'll stand by my suggestion of at least running down to the hardware store and making some brackets.

Be sure to flex and check before you get out in the boonies...
Old 09-13-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default re

I have had the OME HD on my 2 dr for over a year now. I have the JKS adj trackbars. It rides fine and does great offroad. My 02 cents.

Quick Reply: Ome Hd Suggestion