Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME Lift.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME Lift.

I think this is the lift I want to get eventually, how smooth do they make the ride?
Just curious because with the lift and suspension I get I want to have the smoothest ride possible.

And yes I alrdy know you guys are gonna flame me for wanting a smooth ride and that its a jeep and not to complain. But it's 90% my DD with exception of taking it to the beach, so any opinions are welcome, thanks.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are your off roading intentions ?
Are you planning on armor and a winch ?

My OME with HD springs has increased the "bumpiness" of the ride, but the overall handling has greatly improved. Also when the family and I go on trips and load the jeep with EVERYTHING there is no sagging from added weight.

I would not recommend HD springs if you want a smooth ride....
Old 02-02-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmedic
What are your off roading intentions ?
Are you planning on armor and a winch ?

My OME with HD springs has increased the "bumpiness" of the ride, but the overall handling has greatly improved. Also when the family and I go on trips and load the jeep with EVERYTHING there is no sagging from added weight.

I would not recommend HD springs if you want a smooth ride....
Definitely taking it to the beach during the summer a lot, and I will take it on some very easy simple trails, nothing extreme at all, no rock climbing or crazy stuff.

Also no intentions of armor and winch at the moment. I need to get some tow hooks though just to have them for whatever might happen.

What do you recommend for a smooth ride? Only reason I was thinking about the OME HD ones were because I read some people say the ride is smoother than stock.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

My friend has the OME 2" kit on his Willy's TJ and LOVES it. He says it handles and drives WAY smoother and better than stock. Not sure about the JK's but i wouldn't think it would be much different.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jgarner
I have the OME HD lift and to me it rides just as good as stock. If you are not planning on added armor, bumper, winch and skids I would probably run the MD lift. What size tires are you wanting to run?
I would wanna run BGF A/T 35's. No bigger than that because I don't want to re-gear or have to use a superchip. Hopefully this would be possible...

Also, most of my driving is done on the highway due to the fact I need to drive to school. Don't know if that changes anything.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had my OME HD lift for about a year. With your AT tires I think you will be very happy. I upgraded to 35' KM2's so a bit more vibration but still very satisfied. Performs well on and off road.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

I contacted ARB abut this kit for my 08 JK and they told me if you dont have at least an extra 150 lbs on the front (steel bumper and winch) dont use the HD. Same on the rear only 90lbs. I am going to get the HD front and MD rear, winch and buper up fort, no fancy rear bumper or towing for me. Let us know how you like it! What shocks are you going to run? I'm inbetween the provided Bilsteins(I think) or Rancho RS9000's.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nwjk
I contacted ARB abut this kit for my 08 JK and they told me if you dont have at least an extra 150 lbs on the front (steel bumper and winch) dont use the HD. Same on the rear only 90lbs. I am going to get the HD front and MD rear, winch and buper up fort, no fancy rear bumper or towing for me. Let us know how you like it! What shocks are you going to run? I'm inbetween the provided Bilsteins(I think) or Rancho RS9000's.

I have no idea what shocks to run...?

I'm a huge noob when it comes to this stuff.

What all would I need to get to make this work?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by parsapar
I think this is the lift I want to get eventually, how smooth do they make the ride?
Just curious because with the lift and suspension I get I want to have the smoothest ride possible.

And yes I alrdy know you guys are gonna flame me for wanting a smooth ride and that its a jeep and not to complain. But it's 90% my DD with exception of taking it to the beach, so any opinions are welcome, thanks.
I am not sure why you would think the heat would be turned up because you expect a smooth ride.

That is the beauty of the JK, unlike the TJ, it is possible to get a capable off road vehicle without bouncing and wandering all over the highway lanes.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:29 PM
JK Newbie

When i called ARB i was told:
2 front coils
2 rear coils
2 front shocks
2 rear shocks
1 rear track bar relocation bracket
(optional)1 pair 10mm front spacersif you dont want "rake"
Drive lines and sway bar links are ok.
If this is not correct sombody please pipe up so i dont miss soething when ordering and so there is room in the buget.

Quick Reply: OME Lift.