Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Options for under 2" lift

Old 04-23-2007, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Options for under 2" lift

Can anybody tell me what my options are for an under 2" lift. I just want a bit extra room for 33's without going to high. I've been looking around but everything seems to be 2" or above. Also, any opinions on which under 2" lift is good/bad?

Thanks
Old 04-23-2007, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention i don't want to go the body lift route.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nachoninja
Can anybody tell me what my options are for an under 2" lift. I just want a bit extra room for 33's without going to high. I've been looking around but everything seems to be 2" or above.
This is precisely my question, too. Other than going with 3/4" spacers, whether individually or stacked, the only other < 2" lift I've seen is from Daystar.

Daystar calls the first kit: "Comfort Ride Suspension Lift - Complete ¾" Lift". Here's the link: http://www.daystarweb.com/ItemForm.a...8-9624c47b15bd

And the second is their "Comfort Ride Kit - 1¾" Front & Rear Leveling." Here's the link: http://www.daystarweb.com/ItemForm.a...8-9624c47b15bd

I can't speak to their quality. You're in Calgary, right? Where are you thinking of having the work done?

What tires are you going with?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TwinsJeep
, the only other 2" lift I've seen is from Daystar.
Rubicon Express has a 2" lift... http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...00%2C16301.601
Old 04-23-2007, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

Teraflex has 1 inch spacers. That would probably be fine for you.

Bryan
Old 04-23-2007, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

My original thoughts were like yours. But, I decided to go wit a 2" lift from Superlift. I am still running the stock Rubi wheels and tires and I put 1.5" spacers on the wheels to kick them out a little. I am not a fan of how the stock JKs sit and I had a 2" lift on my YJ. I really like the way it sits now and I will eventually get 33 x 12.5s.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

TwinsJeep,

yeah, I'm in Calgary but I don't know where I'm going to have the work done, I'm still waiting to get my Jeep. I ordered it at the beginning of March and it's still in BX status. They told me it would be here in ten weeks, but now they're saying several more months, which means I have to pay that stupid government green levy. If it doesn't move anywhere fast I'm going to cancel it and order an '08 model from another dealership where I can get a better deal. there's no sense paying full price for an '07 when the '08's are going to be out a month or two later.

As for tires, I think I've narrowed it down to Dick Cepek FCII or Pro Comp AT or Xtreme AT, altohough I would like to read more reviews about the first and the last ones, especially in terms of how they are on the ice.

When's yours due in?

Quick Reply: Options for under 2" lift