Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Outlaw Offroad’s Alpha-1 Xtreme Rear Coilover Kit

Old 12-03-2009, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaw Offroad’s Alpha-1 Xtreme Rear Coilover Kit

I was just reading about Outlaw Offroads rear coilover kit. They have two different versions. First is bolt on and the second requires some cutting of the floor in the rear and the coilovers mount to a rear tower. Looks pretty sweet and it gets some crazy flex! I was wondering if any of you guys are running this?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Offroad EVO setup is sooo much cleaner. It doesnt destroy all your cargo capacity. It doesnt intrude into the body at all. And is run by many members here.

I have seen it in person, and if I was going to run a coil over setup, it would be the EVO kit.

Not to say that kit doesnt work, as it should work fine. I just value what little cargo space I have.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

I know all about the evo kit....

Thats why I asked about the Outlaw kit. I have seen plenty of people running the evo kit and it works very well.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

whats the cost of outlaws extreme kit? Their original rear coilover setup was garbage, they located the coilover mount nearly 6 inches below the axle. the latest looks way better but if its similar in cost to the evo and cycles the same 14 inches than forget it and run the evo and keep your trunk space.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey do you have pics or know where to go to see the new alpha 1 set up? i've seen there old one on there web page but didn't see the new version. I wonder if you could mount those perches a little higher or get custom brackets made so they don't hang down so far?
Old 12-23-2009, 01:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I WANNA SEE PICS OF PEOPLE THAT ARE RUNNIN ALPHA 1 SETUPS! I have never seen anyone with them, everyone runs the EVO system.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2xcapeIN
I WANNA SEE PICS OF PEOPLE THAT ARE RUNNIN ALPHA 1 SETUPS! I have never seen anyone with them, everyone runs the EVO system.
I dont know how to post pictures. But here is a link to someones build that used the extreme coilover kit from outlaw offroad.

hxxp://hedrickspeedsports.blogspot.com/2009/11/more-of-outlaws-offroads-king-extreme.html

Last edited by wayoflifette; 12-23-2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: edited direct non sponsor link
Old 12-23-2009, 08:10 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xcapeIN
there is a reason why everyone runs the evo lever system - it's the best engineered and designed rear coilover solution available PERIOD. the coilsovers provide unsurpassed flex without compromise, are positioned high up and out of the way from rocks, no hacking into the body is required and because of that, no exhaust fumes, water or dust can come into the cabin of your jeep. of course, if speed and jumps are your things, you can also get it with the double throwdown triple bypass system. to top it off, the evo system does not require you to have your esp/bas system to be turned off as it provides the most stable ON PAVEMENT ride available as well.

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-23-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just like coilovers period

Last edited by JPTwinz; 12-23-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Offroad Evolution did the R&D prior to releasing the EVO-lever. Incase you haven't noticed there is only one EVO-lever system. There is not a oops we f'd this one up edition but we can still sell it.

Outlaw on the other hand made one attempt that IMO had the coilovers hanging way too far below the axle for real crawling. Now the latest version of cutting through the floorboard adding a shock tower inside the vehicle, it works well but IMO not practical for everday driver and wheeler. The EVO system gives you the best of both worlds.

EVOlve now!!!!

Quick Reply: Outlaw Offroad’s Alpha-1 Xtreme Rear Coilover Kit