Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PA law question??

Old 03-16-2013, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3min3m2

What is the rim width here?
17x9 XD Hoss 4.53 bs.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WVUFAN18
My understanding is PA law states tire tread must be completely covered by the fender. However, I still want taller/wider tires. I will also be purchasing new wheels. What is the tallest/widest tire I can put on my 2011 Rubicon and still be under the fender? 275? 285? Is there anything I can do with the new wheels to help this issue? 8 inch instead of 9 inch width? 18 inch instead of 17 inch diameter? different back spacing / offset? Can some of you jeep experts help me out please?
I have a 3" lift with 35s and mine stick out a little bit. I am from PA and I just moved back here from GA where I was stationed and no one said a thing there..haha sthe south is awesome. But there shouldnt be a problem. Not positive but my buddy told me it was 3" maximum they could stick out.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 PM
JK Freak

I was just talking with Bill Rupert, a former cop now running for Sheriff over her in Pittsburgh. Found out he's a fellow Jeeper himself. I brought this issue up to him to see what he said, and he told me the law stated you cannot stick out past your fenders. Most officers wont hassle you about it though. Only some might if you get pulled over on something solid, but most cases it's not an issue. He said of course, he doesn't personally push an issue with it.

If any of you vote, drop a vote for our fellow Jeeper Bill Rupert.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PA lift laws.

http://www.liftlaws.com/pennsylvania_lift_laws.htm

Quick Reply: PA law question??