Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Paint

Old 09-03-2008, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint

anyone know of A company that makes an affordable match paint for rescue green, i went to NAPA today and got a price of 75 dollars a pint special order......anyone have anyluck
Old 09-03-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the world of Automotive Paint and Body. Now you understand how come body shops have to charge so much.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are you wanting to paint? There could be 2 or 3 options for color, depending on what you want to do.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thats about right as far as price..I priced some up for a friend 79 a pint(rescue green) + the reducer then you add the primer and clear..It adds up quickly.I was just at a supplier last thursday and he said ppg was fixing to go up i thnik he said 12%. I don't know how it is in ca or if you can even buy it in ca but like sherwin williams automotive paints would be where I would pick it up or look up automotive paints..They mix it up right in front of you. Good luck
And i wouldn't suggest diy...You have to have all the right tools
Old 09-04-2008, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Now wait a minute, There's are threads about people painting the air conditioning vent rings their body color and getting those spray cans at auto part stores for $7 or $8 a can, I think you have to go there and order them because they usually don't carry rescue green. Take the paint code out of the door jamb with you.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camden19
Now wait a minute, There's are threads about people painting the air conditioning vent rings their body color and getting those spray cans at auto part stores for $7 or $8 a can, I think you have to go there and order them because they usually don't carry rescue green. Take the paint code out of the door jamb with you.
I think he is wanting paint for spray gun..At least thats what I thought
Old 09-04-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by camden19
Spraying with rattle cans is probably more expensive than buying real paint. I used 10 cans of rattle paint on my doors @ $6 per can. I could quite easily put another coat on using 5 cans.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

im looking for some to spray out of a gun, i have some random interior pieces i want to paint plus im looking to paint my shocks...
Old 09-04-2008, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crajos11
im looking for some to spray out of a gun, i have some random interior pieces i want to paint plus im looking to paint my shocks...
I would just look for a rattle can it will be cheaper if you can find a match
Old 09-04-2008, 05:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crajos11
Don't buy a pint of base, you'll have to buy reducer and clear. For the same amount of money go to a paint jobber and buy a quart of acrylic enamel mixed to your code. Scuff your panels and shocks lightly and thin it with laquer thinner (mid grade- not too fast a dry) and shoot them with several light coats. This will work fine for your purposes, and a quart will do a lot of stuff. Obviously lacquer thinner is not good for your vehicle outside paint job, but for underneath and for inside parts it will do well.

Quick Reply: Paint