Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Parts list for buying full set of half doors?

Old 08-26-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Part 2 of my half door build.

I dropped into Ted Miles Jeep in Atascadero to pick up my rear half door parts on Thursday. I was headed down to Xtreme to get a bunch of new stuff added to my JK, so now that I'm back home, I have some new stuff to play with:

The large box in back, has the AEV JK hood

Now I need to prep my AEV hood and get the four door shells and hood over to the paint shop - hmmm maybe I can get this all done by the end of Sept.

Andy
Old 08-26-2007, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FFCobra
I have full doors and would like to order half doors from the dealer. Does anyone know the parts numbers for all of the parts required for the unlimited? Just the doors, not the windows. I don't need side windows.

I know it won't be simple, but I would like more air inside without completely removing the full doors. We have a 2 year old and want at least half doors with a baby in the back seat.

Thanks,

- Bill
From what I've seen on the web, prices for both half metal doors unpainted is around $2,500 for the set! Then you still have to paint 'em!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as you are going this far you might as well blend the fenders, rocker/b-pillar and the quarters otherwise the doors won't match the rest of the Jeep. All it would take is R/I all the flares and the rocker guards plus the R/R the clips, rivets, stickers and emblem.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AndyR
I started on the doors this morning.
7) Take doors to bodyshop to be painted
Andy
you know, i think i like that non painted, primered look black door. if only you could match it to the fender it would look good, specially with the green color.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Part list

Andy,

I'm thinking about taking the plunge.

Do you have the parts list / part number / price, in a spreadsheet?

Only need front set.

tnx

Blue Mesa
Old 09-02-2007, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tommy3rd
you know, i think i like that non painted, primered look black door. if only you could match it to the fender it would look good, specially with the green color.
I had a similar black/green setup on my '04. I was thinking of doing the AEV hood and half doors black, but thought it would look too much like a junker special

Andy

Last edited by AndyR; 09-02-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AndyR
I had a similar black/green setup on my '04. I was thinking of doing the AEV hood and half doors black, but thought it would look too much like a junker special

Andy
The AEV hood looks really good in the Quadratec catalog I have, and I was thinking of getting it, but since you have yours first, I'd love to see some pictures of it mounted up and painted to match when you get to it.

And you're a brave man with the half door build. Props to you!

Quick Reply: Parts list for buying full set of half doors?