Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

pic request: 15" black wheels with 35" tires

Old 01-28-2008, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pic request: 15" black wheels with 35" tires

lets see what you guys got. im sure you love to show your jeeps off so lets see em. also, give the specs as far as backspacing/ price/ where to buy. tax return will be used very soon!!!! thanks!!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not quite 35'' but 33" on 15" black rims...the rims are Pro Comp rock crawlers...I got 5 of them for $250 on 4wheelparts.com....they are 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing....the tire is BFG 33"x12.50.....word to tha wise the rims did rub the calipers very slightly...not enough to hault the tire...after the first mile on them the rim wore down the edge of the caliper it was touching....sounds worse than it actually was...we're talkin a mm if that.....

Old 01-28-2008, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

very nice!!! i want to go with 15" wheels just for the savings in both wheel and tire cost and tire selection!! plus i just think 15" looks alot better than 16 or 17. also, did you buy them in nc or order them online?? i am being stationed at cherry point at the end of march

keep them coming!!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

I ordered online but they were sent to the local 4wheelparts store in charlotte then delivered to my house...all free shipping...very nice to keep cost down...i wanted to go 35" but i'm handicapped (lost my leg in cycle accident) and it's a lil too high for me....but who knows i might just say screw it and go higher...so far there's nowhere i haven't been able to go with this set up...and i wheel it hard...haven't hooked up to a tow strap yet...except to pull a bronco out...

the pic has my offroading leg!

Last edited by x No Compromise Offroad x; 01-28-2008 at 07:31 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 01-28-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

the 33's definately look nice on there!! im going with a 3" tera flex lift tho so im not sure how 33's would look with that lift so im just gonna go 35's to start out with. sorry to hear about the leg man!! i have a cbr 1000rr and am prolly gonna sell it while i am in one piece and just focus more on 4 wheels from now on, but i do love the speed of the crotch rocket!!! btw love the silver!! i got the same color
Old 01-29-2008, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

I wanted to know if the rim to caliper rubbing is a problem when off road.

Quick Reply: pic request: 15" black wheels with 35" tires