Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PICs of a 2 door with a 6"

Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joneszj
Not to hijack the post, but how do you like those SSRs?? Just curious how they do on-road because I'm sure they're pretty good off-road.

Thanks
For a super swamper, theses SSRs are pretty dam good tires. Very pleased with them. They are fairly quiet on the highway and are excellent off road, especially when airdown. They were designed to have better highway performance than normal super swampers.

The only issue I see is tht the rubber compound is somewhat soft and if you crawl alot on loose sharp stones, you may see some gouging of the tread, but other than that they're great.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dirty JaKe
yea that is bad A$$ for sure, im definetly looking forward to it, quick question though, with those 37's your running did you swap axles yet or do they hold up fine, not gonna be doing a ton of offroading yet...
My JK is a weekend warrior. I use it 90% offroad and wheel it pretty hard. I modified the D44 axles with Superior chromoly axles (front and rear), Mt Logan tube sleeves and EVO C gussets and reinforced all the brackets. This set up will handle 37" no problem as long as you are cautious on the gas pedal... If you have a heavy foot when wheeling, you bound to break something eventually.

I will eventually be installing some Currie rock jock 60 axles for some extra strength and and 40" tires. But the reinforced D44 is holding up quite well so far.

Who says Rubicon Express long arm doesn´t flex?... (sorry about the quality of the picture)

Old 03-12-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by VictorS

Who says Rubicon Express long arm doesn´t flex?... (sorry about the quality of the picture)

Totally sick! Nice beast ... er jeep.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is that a jeep or a slinky?

Quick Reply: PICs of a 2 door with a 6"