Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of JK with no front bumper?

Old 10-10-2006, 02:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of JK with no front bumper?

Does anyone have pictures of a JK with no front bumper? Reason I ask is that I will want to flat tow it and want to know in advance what's underneath to tie into. Don't want to use the typical brackets made by tow bar companies since they would reduce the approach angle. Is there still a large tube that passes through both frame rails? I used this to tie into for my tow bar attachment point on my TJ.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2006, 06:04 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

As you can see in the photo below, there is no longer a front cross member tube on the JK. The frame rails now stick out like two arms and without anything connecting them together.

The lower bar across the bottom of the frame rails is actually pushed back quite a bit and in line with the grill.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks!!

Is the lower cross bar you mention intended to take place of the round tube in the TJ or is it for some other purpose?
Old 10-11-2006, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GJTJ
Thanks!!

Is the lower cross bar you mention intended to take place of the round tube in the TJ or is it for some other purpose?

It just suports the plastic skidplate.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

Some other thread mentions the lower bar being related to the european pedestrian requirements. Which means hack it off in the US.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:22 AM
JK-Forum Founder

From what I have seen, the bar does allow the plastic air dam to be mounted to it but if you have a Rubicon, it looks like it would offer protection to the huge disconnect motor as well.

Last edited by wayoflife; 10-12-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by wayoflife
From what I have seen, the bar does allow the plastic air dam to be mounted to it but if you have a Rubicon, it looks like it would offer protection to the huge disconnect motor as well.

Am i the only one that thinks that is a silly thing to add, (the electronic disconnect)..
Old 10-12-2006, 01:41 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Am i the only one that thinks that is a silly thing to add, (the electronic disconnect)..
I don't know, it's kind of a nifty idea but I'd much rather have a dual rate sway bar system like the Rok-n-Lok.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I don't know, it's kind of a nifty idea but I'd much rather have a dual rate sway bar system like the Rok-n-Lok.

I agree i do like the rok-n-loc set up.

, Once they come out and are proven i might change my mind.

I dont run a sway bar on any of my jeeps, YJ or the TJ on 33's. its easier just to not have to deal with the sway bar.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:56 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I agree i do like the rok-n-loc set up.

, Once they come out and are proven i might change my mind.

I dont run a sway bar on any of my jeeps, YJ or the TJ on 33's. its easier just to not have to deal with the sway bar.
I have the old SwayLOC on my TJ and can tell you that wheeling with it is far superior to being disconnected or having no swaybar at all. You have all the advantages of maximum flex but with the added feature of stability on the trail.

Quick Reply: Pics of JK with no front bumper?