Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Please help...... need advice

Old 05-24-2007, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thnx a million guys............. problem solved
Old 05-24-2007, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

Dude, by the MOPAR rear bumper. Problem SOLVED.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by njch412
Dude, by the MOPAR rear bumper. Problem SOLVED.
True,

Adding a rear bumper will balance it out but, there will still be some height lost. I have the front/rear Mopars + Warn winch and lost about 1.5 in the front and 1" in the back.

My dilemma is deciding which lift-height to get so I can clear 33" tires and not have to do any driveline mods.

I don't plan on any extreme flexing, just enough to get me to and out of muddy trails.

I’m figuring if I get a 2.5 inch lift plus a ¾ coil spacer, I’ll only really be getting a 1 ¾” lift in the front and 1.5” in the back. Will that be enough to clear 33” Toyo’s or Cooper STT’s on Sahara 18” wheels?
Old 05-25-2007, 06:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by edstroyer
I’m figuring if I get a 2.5 inch lift plus a ¾ coil spacer, I’ll only really be getting a 1 ¾” lift in the front and 1.5” in the back. Will that be enough to clear 33” Toyo’s or Cooper STT’s on Sahara 18” wheels?
ed, it will really depends on what lift you go with and the spring rate the springs have. It could boost you back up and you woundn't have as much loss. I have the 4" Skyjacker and have the Mopar winch bumper, no winch yet, but I didn't lose too much when the bumper went on and it's almost half the weight of bumper/winch combo. I'm just dropping the 3/4" spacers in, and I should be fine, even when the winch goes on.

Quick Reply: Please help...... need advice