Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Poison spyder help

Old 02-16-2013, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poison spyder help

I pulled the trigger and ordered a poison front spyder bumper , now to my question I live in Michigan and winter salt on roads takes a major tole on everything that is exposed to it . So what to finish it with , first thought line x so I gave them a call an was quoted $300.00 to spray bumper is it worth it or not . Your thoughts would be appreciated
Old 02-16-2013, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would lightly sand, degrease, prime and lightly sand again, prime and put 3 good coats of a spray enamel. It's hard and tough and easy to touch up. I did this and then put another light coat on after I installed and I'm happy with the way it turned out. I used professional rustoleum spray primer and satin black top coat. Cost me 20 bucks for 4 cans at lowes. 2 of each.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with Line X or a nice powder coat if you are worried about salt, corrosion and had the coin. Ibhave seen them with Line X and they look great.

Quick Reply: Poison spyder help