Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: To install or not to install?
Install the goodies now!!!
100.00%
Hold off for a few thousand miles just in case!!!
0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Install now or wait?

Old 05-18-2012, 09:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poll: Install now or wait?

I have a 2012 JK Sport. Sitting in the garage I have an AEV 2.5 Dualsport Kit with Control Arm Drop Brackets, AEV Savegre's,
315/70R17 BFG AT TA/KO's, AEV ProCal, Grade 8 Hardware Kit,and Gorilla Lug Kit. I'm waiting for the TeraFlex tire carrier as well. My issue is my JK is a December 2011 build and I have about 1400 miles now with no problems and I'm worried about this cylinder head issue. I'm worried I may get the "tick" and need a new cylinder head. Should I wait for a few more thousand miles to do the install to see if I develop the "tick" and seek repairs, or just slap it on now and deal with the problem later if it arises? I don't want to have issues with the dealer over the mods when it comes to warranty, and I feel like as this problem progresses they will become more insane over fixing these heads.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rtguy1
I have a 2012 JK Sport. Sitting in the garage I have an AEV 2.5 Dualsport Kit with Control Arm Drop Brackets, AEV Savegre's,
315/70R17 BFG AT TA/KO's, AEV ProCal, Grade 8 Hardware Kit,and Gorilla Lug Kit. I'm waiting for the TeraFlex tire carrier as well. My issue is my JK is a December 2011 build and I have about 1400 miles now with no problems and I'm worried about this cylinder head issue. I'm worried I may get the "tick" and need a new cylinder head. Should I wait for a few more thousand miles to do the install to see if I develop the "tick" and seek repairs, or just slap it on now and deal with the problem later if it arises? I don't want to have issues with the dealer over the mods when it comes to warranty, and I feel like as this problem progresses they will become more insane over fixing these heads.
I say install them now, but keep your stock wheels/tires. When I had my '08 (see sig for mods). I have taken it in for a couple of warranty work and never got hassled for my lift/mods. but whenever I took it in, I installed the stock rims but had to use the spidertraxx wheel spacers...

Old 05-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

You might share your concerns with the dealer and see what they say. Believe it or not, not all dealers are anti-mod. And we all know a bad cylinder head would have nothing to do with a lift or tires...
Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the votes guys!! Do to overwhelming demand I will be installing this Saturday.

Quick Reply: Poll: Install now or wait?