Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pooling on trek top nx

Old 07-22-2017, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pooling on trek top nx

Hey,

I am recently having a problem with my trek top nx for 2 dr. as you can see from the pictures the top is dipping in along the edge right above the door surround causing pooling, its actually right where the cable runs and feels like its yanking the top inwards. I cant quite figure out why its doing this.
any help is appreciated

thanks

Old 07-22-2017, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

My best recommendation would be to make sure it's nice and hot (so it's fully expanded/loose) and stretch it as far as you can to get the Velcro around the door surrounds. It looks like the bulk of the attaching force is coming from the strap here, so you're going to want to try to distribute that load to mitigate the pooling.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by thewestwon
My best recommendation would be to make sure it's nice and hot (so it's fully expanded/loose) and stretch it as far as you can to get the Velcro around the door surrounds. It looks like the bulk of the attaching force is coming from the strap here, so you're going to want to try to distribute that load to mitigate the pooling.
Hey thanks for the reply,

there is no velcro above the door surround area, velcro starts after the door surrounds. I have tried stretching it over the door surrounds but the cable that runs in side the material seems to pull it inwards. even if i try to pull the material over the door surround, that cable would bowing out and not running parallel to the door frame. I can provide a picture of the door surround area if that will help
Old 07-23-2017, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Ah, I may be giving nonsensical advice, then. I have the old trektop with the wire-y door surrounds that get velcroed to the top in a few places, and assumed the NX was the same just that the sides came off. Upon looking, it looks like yours has polymer door surrounds, and I don't have any idea how that attaches.

I'm happy to offer up any advice I can come up with if you want to post some pictures of how it mounts, but I don't have any firsthand experience with the NX.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by thewestwon
Ah, I may be giving nonsensical advice, then. I have the old trektop with the wire-y door surrounds that get velcroed to the top in a few places, and assumed the NX was the same just that the sides came off. Upon looking, it looks like yours has polymer door surrounds, and I don't have any idea how that attaches.

I'm happy to offer up any advice I can come up with if you want to post some pictures of how it mounts, but I don't have any firsthand experience with the NX.
hey any help is great
i will take some more photos of the door surround area for you and anyone else who may not whats going on here
Old 07-24-2017, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Trektop NX always pooled a bit of water right above the back seat. It didn't really matter how tight I had it.

Quick Reply: pooling on trek top nx