Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post TF 2.5BB install questions.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Post TF 2.5BB install questions.

Hey guys, I JUST finished installing the budget boost on my 2door. I've never driven a lifted vehicle before (Or put a lift in), so I just want to ask all of you some questions.

I have just the 2.5BB from Teraflex with the shock extenstion adaptors.

First, sway bars. I was supposed to take the rear stockers and relocate them up front, right?

Rear sway bars: is there a certain way they should have been positioned??? (Grease fittings backward or forward.....Inside or outside of the calipers???)

I feel like the jeep is extremely wobbly. This may be expected, as the center of gravity is higher, but I'm not sure. I feel like it pitches and wobbles in any sudden movement. Any emergency maneuver may end up in a roll over, it feels
Old 07-02-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just did this lift, and i'm not an expert but I definitely didn't move my rear sway bar links to the front. I just replaced the OEM front links with the ones provided in the kit. And for the grease fittings I made them face forward for easier access.

mine drives fine, it feels a little softer but I have the optional shocks, and there's a little more body roll but nothing major and I didn't even notice it after 2 days.

just my .2 cents

EDIT: WTF now I'm all confused... I just read the write up and I guess you are suppose to relocate the rear links to the front. whats the reason for this, and does it matter?

Last edited by MMO blk JK; 07-02-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^where did you order from im looking to get the 2.5BB with new shocks.

and yea on my last jeep i didnt move anything from the front to the rear when i lifted it, it just came with new hardware to use on existing parts that i wasnt replacing. and i had a 3in lift and it wasnt wobbly at all.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got my lift from Northridge 4x4 with no complaints, got here on time and came with everything I needed plus free shipping at the time I ordered it.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

I just put my TF 2.5" BB this last weekend, you are suppost to move your rear links to the front. The instructions suck BIG TIME, but I love the lift. The new hardware is for the rear.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by gtlegg
^^where did you order from im looking to get the 2.5BB with new shocks.

and yea on my last jeep i didnt move anything from the front to the rear when i lifted it, it just came with new hardware to use on existing parts that i wasnt replacing. and i had a 3in lift and it wasnt wobbly at all.
I just got it from Northridge4x4.com as well. Dave is a pleasure to work with, and has quite a good name here. Plus there's a 4th of July special.

You are supposed to swap out the rear swaybar links. It's a quick fix if you did it wrong.

I'm just wondering if the position of mine is good. I just noticed you need the rear swaybars inside (I mounted mine outside of the brackets). I do notice that the brake lines may rub on the shock too
Old 07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayland1985
First, sway bars. I was supposed to take the rear stockers and relocate them up front, right?

I feel like the jeep is extremely wobbly. This may be expected, as the center of gravity is higher, but I'm not sure. I feel like it pitches and wobbles in any sudden movement. Any emergency maneuver may end up in a roll over, it feels

I installed mine a few months ago (with new shocks). it definitely should not feel "extremely wobbly." from your brief description, it sounds like the front sway bar is disconnected; you might want to check it. mine feels pretty much like it did prior to the lift.

mine came with new front and rear sway bar links. you should have received at least new rear links (if so, you then need to put the factory rear links in the front and the new rear links in the rear). as already noted, the teraflex directions are terrible, so look up how to install the sway bar links in the "write ups" here. hope this helps.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by silver rubicon
I installed mine a few months ago (with new shocks). it definitely should not feel "extremely wobbly." from your brief description, it sounds like the front sway bar is disconnected; you might want to check it. mine feels pretty much like it did prior to the lift.

mine came with new front and rear sway bar links. you should have received at least new rear links (if so, you then need to put the factory rear links in the front and the new rear links in the rear). as already noted, the teraflex directions are terrible, so look up how to install the sway bar links in the "write ups" here. hope this helps.
sway bar is connected.....
Old 07-02-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

did you maybe knock something with the steering lose by chance when installing? and thanks for the heads up on north4x4 i was looking to order from them too for their better pricing
Old 07-02-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

I purchased mine at 4wheelparts.com, they ended up being cheaper then northridge, yes that is including shipping.

Quick Reply: Post TF 2.5BB install questions.