Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Powerstop Big Brake Rotors

Old 09-24-2023, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Powerstop Big Brake Rotors

My Jeep has been chirping when driving around. I replaced the passenger front hub assembly (I was getting a code). While I was in there, I decided to change pads on my front brakes. Hoping everything including the chirping would be fixed. I took my Jeep out for the break breaking in process. All started out ok, but on my 3rd 55 to 5 braking event, I heard the chirping again. As you can imagine, I'm frustrated.

While looking over my brakes, I noticed that the inboard side of the Powerstop Big rotors weren't as smooth as the rest. Not knowing what else to do, I started looking to just buy a pair or front Powerstop Big Rotors and swap them out. Problem is, I can't find a single place that will just sell the front rotors. Do any of you know where I can buy just the rotors, or does anybody know what I can substitute for the Powerstop Big Rotors? I'm pulling my hair out....

Last edited by Maui BeachBum; 09-24-2023 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-26-2023, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Can't swap in larger rotors without a large caliper. You can buy JL rotors and calipers and they're 13" (big brakes). Can also buy the Crown Automotive kit.
The following 2 users liked this post by BLK HOLE:
Maui BeachBum (09-28-2023), tango romeo papa circa 67 (09-26-2023)
Old 09-26-2023, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

I have the Dynatrac Pro Grip brakes on mine and they really work well. I wonder if the Dynatrac rotors would work with your Powerstop kit. The Dynatracs are 13.5" in front and 14.25" for the rear. Basically the entire system is the new rotors, relocation brackets that move the factory calipers out, and new pads to replace the factory pads. Dynatrac sells the rotors individually and it might be worth a call or email to them to see if they could be swapped in rather than trying to chase down the Powerstop rotors.

Just a thought. Good luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by chiapeteater:
Maui BeachBum (09-28-2023), tango romeo papa circa 67 (09-26-2023)
Old 09-26-2023, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Maui. On a positive note. You said you have hair to pull out. All Good
The following users liked this post:
Maui BeachBum (09-28-2023)
Old 09-26-2023, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 469 Likes on 421 Posts

Powerstop? I can almost guarantee that they woukld not make just rotors for a Jeep aftermarket due to a small market size. I would bet the rotor is sourced from something like a 1/2 ton pickup design. Try a worn out Dodge truck rotor on there - then if that works you know where to get new rotors. Don't worry about the slots and holes bullshit as it is a Jeep not a Ferarri and those features do nothing for Jeeps doing 2mph over rocks.
The following users liked this post:
Maui BeachBum (09-28-2023)

Quick Reply: Powerstop Big Brake Rotors