Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerstop brakes

Old 06-14-2018, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Powerstop brakes

Wanting to get more stopping power anyone running the front ant rear powerstop brake kit? What about the teraflex kit? Any negatives to consider here? My brakes feel very soft the 35’ KO2s are not stopping that great.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I run them and like them a lot. This kit keep in mind is no big brake kit. It doesn't cost nearly as much either but it will help. Don't get the calipers unless you need them; from what I've heard they are just rebuilt stocks.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I've got the z36 rears and they'll lock up the stock wheels but bring my 35's to a stop like the factory system with factory tires. The front has also been upgraded to hawk pads and raybestos (high dollar) rotors. I don't recommend hawk due to the dust but the z36 in the rear doesn't seem to put off anymore dust than stock rears.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:11 AM
JK Freak

If I am reading this thread correctly, replacing my rotors and pads with the Z36 kit will help me to stop better than the stock? I have upgraded my axles to 44/60 and now run 37 inch tires. It takes a bit to stop them with stock breaks. Will Z36 work well, or should I go with bigger breaks? Dynatrac I think makes a larger set to go with my axles.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Z36 does grab harder than stock but with heavier axles and 37's, I'd be tempted to do something more drastic than a pad change. The insurance spike isn't worth skimping on brakes, especially if you've got more than just the average jeep (extra $$$ into axles, tires, engine swap, etc).
Old 06-15-2018, 12:52 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by prelucir
If I am reading this thread correctly, replacing my rotors and pads with the Z36 kit will help me to stop better than the stock? I have upgraded my axles to 44/60 and now run 37 inch tires. It takes a bit to stop them with stock breaks. Will Z36 work well, or should I go with bigger breaks? Dynatrac I think makes a larger set to go with my axles.
We do make our ProGrip brake kit to go with the larger axles, and offer it as an upgrade on our ProRock axles. You can learn about everything our ProGRip system does and its benefits on our website, including test videos, seeing what it takes to install the ProGrip system, and other useful info. https://www.dynatrac.com/brake-syste...e-jeep-jk.html
Old 06-15-2018, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

I watched the videos today on Dynatrac website. Now it is a matter or reading reviews on the different products. I do have a ton of money in my Jeep and would like it to stop a bit better. The Dyntrac does not replace the master cylinder, correct?
Old 06-15-2018, 03:19 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by prelucir
I watched the videos today on Dynatrac website. Now it is a matter or reading reviews on the different products. I do have a ton of money in my Jeep and would like it to stop a bit better. The Dyntrac does not replace the master cylinder, correct?
Correct, you don't touch the master cylinder or the calipers (outside of removing them to install the new rotors and new caliper mounting bracket) so you don't have to worry about opening the system and bleeding the brakes. So you could do the install yourself if you've got the basic tools necessary.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:29 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I went with the Teraflex Big Rotor kit for the savings compared to the Dynatracs option. (sorry Dyna, my pr44 is doing great though!) Figured I could upgrade to the front TF calipers/booster later if I still wanted more braking, but so far I'm ok with just the rotors with my 37's.

(one thing I found out after the fact is that the TF Rotor kit and Big Brake kit use different brackets, so that will be another additional cost if I ever do decide to go with the better calipers.)
Old 06-15-2018, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run the power stop brakes with 37s and don’t have a single complaint!

Quick Reply: Powerstop brakes