Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Powertank Packages

Old 06-14-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powertank Packages

I'd like a 10lb Powertank. What Powertank option would you recommend for mild use. I would be airing four 35" tires from about 15psi to 30psi once or twice each month.

I know that Package B is the most popular and is the one most retailers recommend, but do I need everything it comes with, or can I get by with the basic package or Package A. The price difference is more than $100.

Are the better regulators, valves, etc. REALLY that much better? What should I expect from the basic package?

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd honestly save yourself some money and build one yourself. I just did using this thread here and it's amazing. Airs up my 35" tires from 15 to 30 in a minute flat per tire and costs a lot less than the Powertank.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...mp-Lowest-Cost

You don't need a gauge of any kind, you DO need the high quality regulator and a good hose.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nclehmann
I'd like a 10lb Powertank. What Powertank option would you recommend for mild use. I would be airing four 35" tires from about 15psi to 30psi once or twice each month.

I know that Package B is the most popular and is the one most retailers recommend, but do I need everything it comes with, or can I get by with the basic package or Package A. The price difference is more than $100.

Are the better regulators, valves, etc. REALLY that much better? What should I expect from the basic package?

Thanks.
The B package comes with the mounting stuff (bracket, boot). The hose and inflator that come in the B package is nice stuff. I think the regulator is the same?

Quick Reply: Powertank Packages