Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PRESS RELEASE: Bestop JK Locking Under Seat Storage Box

Old 06-18-2010, 11:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Based on this thread, it seems anyone who has a Bestop on order is going to want to cancel their order or send it back if it has shipped. Not worth the savings, apparently.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

I bought both, I sold the Bestop one. The tuffy one is much better and I needed a place to pack a full size piece. I like to go out after work sometimes and I carry my secondary in and leave the primary in the Jeep, now I have a good secure place to put it.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

I installed mine last weekend. Had to add a little rubber to the drawer where it meets the casing. It was rattling and sounded like I left a sledgehammer under my seat. A little rubber padding and it is perfect for what I need it for. Good lord those seat bolts are tough.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed the Bestop drawers in both JKs tonight. Not sure what people were expecting for $50, but I'm satisfied with the construction and function.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed the bestop in about 10 mins, threw a washer under the inside bracket to keep it level. Whether I would have felt a 1/16th tilt or not, i won't imagine a lean now. It'd be a tight fit with a larger handgun, but that's what they make subcompacts for. Nothing is going to stop a determined thief, but the more difficult I can make it for someone to get my stuff the better, they'll move on to a vehicle w/out a lockbox.

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE: Bestop JK Locking Under Seat Storage Box