Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PRESS RELEASE: EVO MFG LCG Bolt-On Coilover Kits NOW AVAILABLE!!

Old 06-16-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered the front coil overs!
Old 06-16-2012, 10:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm interested in how much the coil over kit will improve the ride and rock crawling ability over standard suspension.

I sent an e-mail to EVO with my specific vehicle lift questions.....
Old 06-17-2012, 12:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just placed my order, now let the wait begin!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inspect-a-home
Can't wait to see these in person and in action.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I want to know how it rides on road. We can see how amazing it moves off road. Additionally how well it will hold up to east coast sand and road salt in the winter.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:53 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jethro0417
Thanks WOL. What brand would you recommend for all arms?
for "all arms", i personally would stay away from anything that uses polyurethane bushings but, you really can't go wrong with most of the control arms being made to day.

Originally Posted by blazenjeep
How long is this price good for....
with the exception of the special offers, the price you see is the actual set price for them.

Originally Posted by azsandrider
I'm interested in how much the coil over kit will improve the ride and rock crawling ability over standard suspension.
there is no comparison to standard suspension. the coil overs utilize 2 coils and tuned valving that provide a superior ride right out of the box and, if you'd prefer to have something more firm or soft, you can have them rebuilt to however you want. as far as rock crawling goes, these coil overs provide 12" of vertical travel up front and 11.25 in the rear and that gives you significantly more flex than a standard suspension system could ever hope to. the only thing that will give you better performance is the evo double throwdown evo lever system but, that'll cost you a little more than double the price.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:06 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mjones
I want to know how it rides on road. We can see how amazing it moves off road.
this is a great question as not all coil over kits perform the same. back in the day, you would be hard pressed to drive a jeep with coil overs on pavement as their ride sucked. what i can tell you is that evo mfg has spend several years, thousands of dollars and countless hours working with king to fine tune their coil overs specifically to make them perform outstanding ON PAVEMENT. right out of the box, the ride they provide is smooth, comfortable and stable and in my opinion, far better than stock or any other standard suspension i have ridden on. of course, being that these are king coil overs, you can have them rebuilt however you want - super cadillac soft or even corvette sports car firm.

Additionally how well it will hold up to east coast sand and road salt in the winter.
the east coast is extremely brutal on a vehicle in general and i don't see any reason why the this kit wouldn't hold up just as well as any other suspension system being made today.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you WOL. That exactly what I expected to hear. It has made it to the top of my list and hopefully will be able to get some real world experience shortly. Thanks again off road evolution and WOL. East coast kills a lot but I expect the quality to be far superior to that of other companies out there.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

Just curious since these are about the same price as the original weld on coil overs, what are extended lengths of these bolt on coil overs vs the 12" CO's.

Secondly, if I were to purchase the original front EVO CO's I understand I would have to shave the stock mounts off and such but could I "Bolt" on the new shock towers?
Old 06-17-2012, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by inspect-a-home
oh damn you... you are gonna be set up a lot better than me next time we wheel together!!

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE: EVO MFG LCG Bolt-On Coilover Kits NOW AVAILABLE!!