Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PRESS RELEASE - Off Road Evolution EVO 1015 Sector Shaft Brace

Old 07-15-2008, 09:56 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up PRESS RELEASE - Off Road Evolution EVO 1015 Sector Shaft Brace

Don’t think this can happen to you? Think again! With the installation of a lift kit, big oversized tires and a dropped pitman arm, more side loading will be placed on the sector shaft of your steering box (which in factory configuration is a single shear mount) and more and more people that I know are starting to damage or break theirs. As a matter of fact, I have broken my sector shaft as well and when yours breaks - you’re walking!!

Fortunately for us, there is an answer to this problem and it is the all NEW bolt on EVO 1015 Sector Shaft Brace. Developed by our good friends over at Off Road Evolution, the EVO 1015 Sector Shaft Brace is a bolt on item that double shears the shaft and therefore helps to alleviate some of the side loading on it.

Features:
• Bolt on installation (Drilling of two holes required)
• Double shears the sector shaft inside of the JK steering box
• Helps to alleviate side loading on sector shaft.
• Can be used with any suspension kit that has a drop trackbar bracket on the frame side (i.e. like the kind that Full Traction, Rancho and Rubicon Express makes).

Needless to say, if you are running 35″ tires or taller and play hard on the trails, this really is a must have upgrade and I would highly recommend it. For more information about the EVO 1015 Sector Shaft Brace, please contact Off Road Evolution by email at: mel.wade@offroadevolution.com or by phone at: (714) 870-5515. Or, visit their website at: www.offroadevolution.com

Off Road Evolution EVO 1015 Sector Shaft Brace

Old 07-15-2008, 11:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bump stop?

sorry about the high-jack but..... whats up with that bump stop
( if it is one )? it look like a baby shock. or is it a part of the shock it self.
sick peace though. lokks rockhard .

Last edited by cone99; 07-15-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cone99
( if it is one )? it look like a baby shock. or is it a part of the shock it self.
I believe that is part of ORE coil over system.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:39 AM
JK Freak

Will it fit the RIGHT hand drive Vehicles also.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Interesting, but I'm not too sure that will be effective. Side loads are typically not what breaks sector shafts. It is the feedback from the larger tires and wheels back through the steering components trying to turn the sector in the opposite direction of the steering wheel. In other words, "twist". Clearly, in that first picture, the sector has been broken with some twist. A side load break would be more cleanly broken. I've seen stuff like this home made for the older Chevy trucks that had the same problem, and it didn't help because side loading was not the culprit. I hope I am wrong on the JK, but it looks like the principle is the same.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so this wont work if you dont have a frame drop bracket for the track bar is that correct?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Interesting, but I'm not too sure that will be effective. Side loads are typically not what breaks sector shafts. It is the feedback from the larger tires and wheels back through the steering components trying to turn the sector in the opposite direction of the steering wheel. In other words, "twist". Clearly, in that first picture, the sector has been broken with some twist. A side load break would be more cleanly broken. I've seen stuff like this home made for the older Chevy trucks that had the same problem, and it didn't help because side loading was not the culprit. I hope I am wrong on the JK, but it looks like the principle is the same.
Twist on the Sector Shaft definately plays a roll in the breakage of these shafts but side loading is also a major component. In the image below you can clearly see a twisting breakage. In the image of the Sector shaft break you do not see this twist.

Double Shearing the shaft will help prevent breakage by supporting side forces and therefore the only inherent forces on the shaft (unsupported) will be twisting, which is what the shaft is made to support.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by cone99
The one in the picture is our bump stop addition to our coilover kit.

We also have a factory location air bump stop kit.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...od=EVO-AIRBUMP
Old 07-16-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, cool. Thanks for the heads up. If you noticed, I did give myself a disclaimer in my last post. "I hope I am wrong on the JK, but it looks like the principle is the same." LOL
Old 07-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by jeepik
so this wont work if you dont have a frame drop bracket for the track bar is that correct?
Correct, to use the Sector Shaft brace kit requires a trackbar drop bracket on the frame side.

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE - Off Road Evolution EVO 1015 Sector Shaft Brace