Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PRESS RELEASE w/VIDEO: Off Road Evolution JK Custom Valved King Shocks

Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Arrow PRESS RELEASE w/VIDEO: Off Road Evolution JK Custom Valved King Shocks

Off Road Evolution is proud to announce that they are now offering proprietary custom valved coilover shocks made specifically for the Jeep JK Wrangler and manufactured by King. These new shocks are available in 8″, 10″, 12″, and 14″ travel lengths with 2.0″ and 2.5″ diameter King Remote Reservoir Coilovers. Retail price for these coilover shocks will be $585 each.

In addition to the standard Off Road Evolution coilover shocks, they will also be offering 8″, 10″, 12″, and 14″ travel 2 and 3 tube Bypass Shocks in a 2.0″ and 2.5″ diameter and again, specifically tuned for the Jeep JK Wrangler.

Of course, for those of you looking for an extremely high quality shock but for just a standard lifted Jeep JK Wrangler, Off Road Evolution will now be offering direct bolt-in 2.5″ diameter shocks as well. As is the case with all their shocks, these direct bolt-in shocks are manufactured by King and specifically tuned for the JK.

EVO Direct Bolt-In shocks Features Include:
• 100% Made in the USA
• No Fabrication Required
• Easy Bolt-On Installation
• Balanced Front & Rear Valving
• Improves Ride On & Off Road
• External Reservoir
• Big 2.5″ Shock Bodies
• 25% Increased Front Travel
• 15% Increased Rear Travel
• Increased Articulation

To learn more about the Off Road Evolution JK Custom Valved King Shocks and how they work, click on the screen or link below to watch a short YouTube video that talks all about them (Now Available in HD quality):

Off Road Evolution JK Custom Valved King Shocks Video

For more information about the all new Off Road Evolution JK Custom Valved King Shocks or any of the product or services they offer, be sure to check out their website at: www.offroadevolution.com or call them by phone at: (714) 870-5515

Last edited by wayoflife; 06-03-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice informative video Mel
Do you have the correct valving for people like me who are using the solid d60 axles which have a lot of unpsrung weight and very heavy axles.

On what axles did you guys tested and tuned the coilovers?

I am interested in doing the king coil overs soon.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:45 AM
JK-Forum Founder

i'm pretty sure they did most of their testing with 60's but i know they did 44's as well. or, at least i have on my JK

i'm sure they'll chime in soon to verify this.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice mel,well done ,as usual with you guys
Old 06-03-2009, 09:31 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:.
this is awesome!! congrats Mel and the EVO team for yet another amazing product!

wow! so tempting on those bolt ons i need a rear tire carrier first
the bolt-on's are sweet - oh, decisions decisions
Old 06-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Zak
nice informative video Mel
Do you have the correct valving for people like me who are using the solid d60 axles which have a lot of unpsrung weight and very heavy axles.

On what axles did you guys tested and tuned the coilovers?

I am interested in doing the king coil overs soon.
We have performed just as much testing on our EVO systems with Dana 60's as 44's and can assure you we do have a great valving and spring combination for the Dana 60 vehicles aswell as the Dana 44's.

Our testing was done on vehicles with Dynatrac ProRock 60's. Four different vehicles with various tire sizes and engines, all equiped with Dana 60's, but we have installed and driven JK's with the EVO coilover kits on Dynatrac ProRock 60's, Currie Rock Jocks and Soild Axle 60's, the ride is smooth and balanced.

Just let us know when you are ready.

EVO...
Old 06-03-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow - those Kings are both eye candy as well as functional, sweet!

Mel - definately would love to upgrade the Bilsteins with those next week but the budget this time will only cover the great JK Gear Special you are offering as well as some gusset work we need done...but I'm saving up for the next round of mods! Look forward to meeting you next Wednesday!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Jedi Master

You guys are really making it hard not to buy this setup
Old 06-03-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Hey Mel for those of us that have already bought your coilovers can you hook us up with the new valving???
Old 06-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by MaloCS
Please excuse my ignorance as the JK is my first venture into a coil suspension set up (most of my knowledge lies in the torsion bar / leaf springs department).

What is the benefit of ANY coil over set up compared to what the JK has stock? What makes this better then a separate shock and separate coil spring? I mean, other then the reduction of space used for multiple components. I watched the video but I didn't come away with knowledge as to why a coil over is more desirable then independent shocks and coils. Basically, why should I have coil overs versus independent components?

Thanks.
GREAT Question

Instead of me writing a long list of benefits and reasons, seeming to ramble on...

There are 4 major advantages to running a coilover among others that are not specifically related to coilovers but are with premium shocks. I will ship a FREE T-shirt to the first 4 people that correctly and fully answer:

Beside the benefit listed in the quote above: Give ONE benefit of installing a coilover on your vehicle as opposed to a conventional spring and shock and specifically why and how a coilover gives this benefit.

Mel Wade

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE w/VIDEO: Off Road Evolution JK Custom Valved King Shocks