Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro cal speedo reprogramming

Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pro cal speedo reprogramming

So how do you know if you got it right and that the speedo is now accurate.

I checked by pacing a prius on the way home last night that had a digital speedo i could read from the jeep, Looked like i was dead on at a couple diff speeds from 30 to 60.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As long as you followed the instructions, you are good to go. If you want to get really anal about it, get a GPS and compare...or find a bored cop to shoot his radar at you.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The App Store has a free speedometer app that does MPH and KPH. That's what I used. It's dead on and I checked it with an old tomtom as well. I'm at 34.5" on the procal
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also drove on the highway and checked the odometer with the mile marker signs.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I downloaded a free gps app in droid and checked it and it was spot on. If you have factory gps dont use it I hear ppl all the time saying I had 31's now 35's and it says Im right on and it took me 2 seconds to figure out on mine that jeep hooked the gps to jeeps speedo instead of using actual gps to figure speed, Idk y they did it but ohh well fixed now
Old 03-21-2013, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Downloaded a speedo app has some lag but once at steady speed it's spot on.

Also downloaded the smittybilt inclinometer app also has GPS coordinates and speedo. That has the same slight lag but at steady speed it's spot on too.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a free app from the App Store that shows the angle your Jeep is sitting at. Its reading the pitch and yaw of the jeep too it pretty cool. No speedo on that app though great for wheeling though.

Quick Reply: Pro cal speedo reprogramming