Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro cal and tire pressure

Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro cal and tire pressure

Got my tires rotated at discount tire. Told them I thought I had a bad tps because it keep coming on the dash even though I had set it with the pro cal. The guy at discount tire wanted to try setting the tires at 35 like it says on the door. This worked, light on dash went right out. Am I doing something wrong with the pro cal? I know by a GPS that the tire size is and speedometer is right on. Or is my pro cal not working right?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Straight out the manual

Some users have reported the TPMS indicator lamp staying on after setting the Low Pressure Threshold to a new value. The TPMS sensors use timed and pressure-loss triggers to update the vehicle of tire pressures. In the event that the Low Pressure Threshold has changed to a value equal to or higher than actual tire pressure, the tires must be inflated to at least 5 psi over the new low value. The vehicle must then be driven up to 10 minutes above 15mph before the TPMS sensors update the vehicle of the new tire pressure. Once the reported tire pressure is 5psi above the Low Pressure Threshold the TPMS indicator lamp will turn off.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, here's what you do...

Step 1: Set TPMS value to 0.
Step 2: Have TPMS removed from tires.
Step 3: Drink a beer, preferably in the tire shop, while TPMS are being removed...don't let the funny looks sway you.
Step 4: Buy tire pressure gauge.
Step 5: Repeat "Step 3".
Step 6: Never worry about a stupid TPMS again."
Old 10-05-2012, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Incognito
Some users have reported the TPMS indicator lamp staying on after setting the Low Pressure Threshold to a new value. The TPMS sensors use timed and pressure-loss triggers to update the vehicle of tire pressures. In the event that the Low Pressure Threshold has changed to a value equal to or higher than actual tire pressure, the tires must be inflated to at least 5 psi over the new low value. The vehicle must then be driven up to 10 minutes above 15mph before the TPMS sensors update the vehicle of the new tire pressure. Once the reported tire pressure is 5psi above the Low Pressure Threshold the TPMS indicator lamp will turn off.
Thanks, I will give that a try
Old 10-05-2012, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FlameRedJK
Ok, here's what you do...

Step 1: Set TPMS value to 0.
Step 2: Have TPMS removed from tires.
Step 3: Drink a beer, preferably in the tire shop, while TPMS are being removed...don't let the funny looks sway you.
Step 4: Buy tire pressure gauge.
Step 5: Repeat "Step 3".
Step 6: Never worry about a stupid TPMS again."
Will do if I cant get the previous advise to work.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Incognito
Looks like this worked. Thanks!!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snytribe
Looks like this worked. Thanks!!!!
Last week when it got kinda chilly, my indicator came on like it does every year.
I set the pressure value to like 25 psi, and it took a while for the dummy light to go off as well.

Quick Reply: Pro cal and tire pressure