Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Problem with Teraflex bumper rubbing on tailgate???

Old 07-17-2008, 12:25 PM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problem with Teraflex bumper rubbing on tailgate???

Anyone have a solution for the tailgate rubbing on the new Teraflex bumper? I bought the extension to raise the height of the spare, but now the weight of the stock tire is making the gate rub. Is there an adjustment for the tailgate? I don't see any way of adjusting the bumper. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HBC
Anyone have a solution for the tailgate rubbing on the new Teraflex bumper? I bought the extension to raise the height of the spare, but now the weight of the stock tire is making the gate rub. Is there an adjustment for the tailgate? I don't see any way of adjusting the bumper. Thanks in advance!
There's is some adjustment on the bumper to move it some. Sounds like your tailgate has bent some causing your tire to rub on the bumper. You could enlarge the holes on the mounting points on the bumper to lower it.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:03 AM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, I'll give lowering the bumper a shot. The gate is not drooping and has never had anything larger than stock on it. I think I just put the bumper on with a slight upward angle to it. Thanks again for the help! HBC
Old 07-18-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Super Freak

i could see where this could be a problem, my tera bumper with tire carrier is extremely close to the tailgate, but since i dont have any weight on the gate its not an issue

Quick Reply: Problem with Teraflex bumper rubbing on tailgate???