Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Procal Question..

Old 05-13-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Procal Question..

I want to get the AEV Procal unit to disable my TPMS but I have a question..

I used to have a Hypertec and it was a PITA to have to reset it to stock programming every time it needed to go to the dealer..

So I am wondering, if I just use the Procal to disable TPMS do I still have to reset it to stock every time I go to the dealer, or can I still run the stock software and still change the TPMS features?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:34 PM
JK Junkie

Good question. I'm taking mine in on Monday to see why there's something dripping from the trans every time I drive over 50 or so mies in it. I hadn't even thought about reflashing it back to stock. And I've done a lot more than just mess with one function. Guess I'll find out early next week. If you're still interested, remind me Mon-Tuesday evening and I'll let you know.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Short answer is yes, you can change your tpms without screwing withanythings else. Now will they see it.............if they look at that specific parameter yes they can see it. Restoring your factory defaults is a simple process with the procal, takes about 2 min (set the switches and plug in.....could do it faster, but i have fat fingers).
Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 PM
JK Jedi

Ah so its quicker than the Hypertech? The Hypertech seriously took twenty minutes to return to stock.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Ah so its quicker than the Hypertech? The Hypertech seriously took twenty minutes to return to stock.
You flip the dip switches to the correct pattern. Turn your JK to run, plug in and it'll honk at you. You could literally have the dip switches set and when you pull into the dealer, pull up to drop off your car, turn the ignition off, then to run, plug it in and hop right out in no time.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:42 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
You flip the dip switches to the correct pattern. Turn your JK to run, plug in and it'll honk at you. You could literally have the dip switches set and when you pull into the dealer, pull up to drop off your car, turn the ignition off, then to run, plug it in and hop right out in no time.
Awesome. So it doesn't have a screen then? So how do you do things like set the TPMS pressure?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Awesome. So it doesn't have a screen then? So how do you do things like set the TPMS pressure?
When you get it, it's about the size of a garage door opener and it has dip switches. It also comes with a little guide that tells you how to flip each switch. If all you want to do is the TPMS, just open the guide, see the pattern and flip the 10 or so switches up or down, whichever way the guide says to. Then you just plug it in and it'll honk at you in like 2 seconds. I'd say the biggest "hassle" with it, is that for each setting you want to change (tire size, gears, tpms, daytime running lights), you have to repeat the process changing the dipswitches each time. It still ends up being way faster than the hypertech, but you don't get any added HP or mileage.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:51 PM
JK Jedi

When you get it, it's about the size of a garage door opener and it has dip switches. It also comes with a little guide that tells you how to flip each switch. If all you want to do is the TPMS, just open the guide, see the pattern and flip the 10 or so switches up or down, whichever way the guide says to. Then you just plug it in and it'll honk at you in like 2 seconds. I'd say the biggest "hassle" with it, is that for each setting you want to change (tire size, gears, tpms, daytime running lights), you have to repeat the process changing the dipswitches each time. It still ends up being way faster than the hypertech, but you don't get any added HP or mileage.
Awesome. Good to know. I was under the impression it had a screen like the Hypertech. Since all Im doing is the TPMS I guess Ill pick it up anyway. Do you then have to flip the switches back to a stock setting to set it back?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Awesome. Good to know. I was under the impression it had a screen like the Hypertech. Since all Im doing is the TPMS I guess Ill pick it up anyway. Do you then have to flip the switches back to a stock setting to set it back?
Yeah, for whatever you want to do, whether it's switch it back to stock or change this or that you have to flip the little switches to whatever the guide says. I keep the guide (it's basically a pamphlet) in the glove box along with the procal so I can change things as needed. The dipswitches are pretty small for larger hands, so I usually just use the tip of a knife to flip them, doesn't take long at all from start to finish. You just have to pay attention and make sure you get the correct up/down setting.

Once you've got it in hand, you can literally change your TPMS setting in under 2 mins. The longest part will be opening the pamphlet and setting the dipswitches and that doesn't take long at all. The first time you use it, you'll be amazed at how fast it is when you plug it into the OBDII port. I'd be willing to bet you couldn't plug it in and get your hand up to the steering wheel before it honks at you, just to give you an idea of how fast it goes.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:01 PM
JK Jedi

Yeah, for whatever you want to do, whether it's switch it back to stock or change this or that you have to flip the little switches to whatever the guide says. I keep the guide (it's basically a pamphlet) in the glove box along with the procal so I can change things as needed. The dipswitches are pretty small for larger hands, so I usually just use the tip of a knife to flip them, doesn't take long at all from start to finish. You just have to pay attention and make sure you get the correct up/down setting.

Once you've got it in hand, you can literally change your TPMS setting in under 2 mins. The longest part will be opening the pamphlet and setting the dipswitches and that doesn't take long at all. The first time you use it, you'll be amazed at how fast it is when you plug it into the OBDII port. I'd be willing to bet you couldn't plug it in and get your hand up to the steering wheel before it honks at you, just to give you an idea of how fast it goes.
Nice. Thanks for answering my questions. Im sold on it. Going to order.

Quick Reply: Procal Question..