Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ProComp Tire and Rims....are they good?

Old 09-23-2009, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ProComp Tire and Rims....are they good?

Hi. I've been researching tires/rims for the past 3 weeks for my Rubi. I've specifically been looking at the Pro Comp 8069 rims in a 16" with Pro Comp 35x12.5 mud terrain radial tires.

So..... are they good? More specific, do the tires perform/wear well and are the 8069's a good rim for general on/off-road use?

$0.02 much appreciated

UPDATE 10/3/2009: Truck delivered the goods yesterday Too bad I'm out of town for another 2 weeks. Haven't even seen them in person yet. Either way, they look pretty nice to me (wife took pics on her phone) and doing the "kid" comparison seem noticably bigger than the stock 32's.......

Last edited by Schantin; 10-03-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schantin
Hi. I've been researching tires/rims for the past 3 weeks for my Rubi. I've specifically been looking at the Pro Comp 8069 rims in a 16" with Pro Comp 35x12.5 mud terrain radial tires.

So..... are they good? More specific, do the tires perform/wear well and are the 8069's a good rim for general on/off-road use?

$0.02 much appreciated
I went with the pro comp 8179 in black with the rock rings, love them, i went with 17x9 and bfg Km2's in 35x12.50 , but have heard nothing but good things about procomp tires but cant speak for them myself. Just comes down to personal prefrense i think !! I looked real hard at the pro comp extreme AT.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

For a couple bucks more get the Xtreme MT's! They are awesome. I know someone that get's 40k+ outta them, and Chris(mod piginajeep) gets atleast that outta his!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got Pro Comp 7005 wheels and extreme at tires and i really like them alot, they look good and they perform well on and off road. The tires are surprisingly quite on the street which is also a plus too.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here are my 17" pro comps with pro comp xtreme mud terrain

Old 09-23-2009, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have teh exact setup you are talking about...8069s and Procomp mud terrains...but I have 33's. I have absolutely no complaints. I have had the tires for 20K miles and they still have a good deal of tread on them. Lately I have seen some slightly bigger chunks being taken out when climbing on the rocks, but nothing worse than than other tires I have seen on other people's rides. I REALLY like those rims. They are very understated...super light...and the looks good. Some people say that the look a lot like soft 8s, but i think they look a lot better.

The tires are not Super loud, but they do have an aggressive tread so you can definately hear them on the road. One thing that is different about this setup is that they are pretty light. Easier to move on and off from the tire carrier and such. I say go for it.

Aaron
Old 09-23-2009, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xfishfridayx
I have teh exact setup you are talking about...8069s and Procomp mud terrains...but I have 33's. I have absolutely no complaints. I have had the tires for 20K miles and they still have a good deal of tread on them. Lately I have seen some slightly bigger chunks being taken out when climbing on the rocks, but nothing worse than than other tires I have seen on other people's rides. I REALLY like those rims. They are very understated...super light...and the looks good. Some people say that the look a lot like soft 8s, but i think they look a lot better.

The tires are not Super loud, but they do have an aggressive tread so you can definately hear them on the road. One thing that is different about this setup is that they are pretty light. Easier to move on and off from the tire carrier and such. I say go for it.

Aaron
I appreciate the info....especially on the rims I'm going to place my order before Sept 30th (Pro Comp has a sale on tires till then). BTW, I have 30K miles on my stock BFG's and they are toast....less than 2/32 inch remaining!!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mgeorge15
Here are my 17" pro comps with pro comp xtreme mud terrain

Thanks for the info + pic link. Those rims are similiar to the 8069's......and I have a Rescue Green Unlimited too. So, it was very helpful
Old 09-23-2009, 10:30 PM
JK Newbie

Here are mine you cant beat the price for what you get I love the 35s on 15s
Old 09-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

I got part of my Rims and they look awesome!

For tires I really like the Goodyear MTR/Kevlar and at $296 @ discount tire (sponsor), they are a great value!

I love the look of them, and they seem to be getting great reviews!

Now I just need 2 more, and then I can post some pictures of my rig!!

Hurry up rims!

Quick Reply: ProComp Tire and Rims....are they good?