Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulls left after lift 4''

Old 06-25-2017, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulls left after lift 4''

I have a problem for two years that I have not solved yet.
I have a JK 4door 07 and I put a rough country suspension 4" with a adjustment arms.
at the same time I put used 35" tires Cooper stt.
My JK since then the steering wheel pull left!
I made Alignment and Balancing but the problem was not solved.
some people said maybe my used Cooper pull left and I thought was that.
Tree days ago I change my tires with new Cooper stt pro and because my jeep starting to loose each stability I change the RC shocks with Bilstein 5100.
The problem is still here.yes, I must to go for a new Alignment and Balancing but I am sure the pulling left will not leaving... I check with mechanic the track bar and is ok. What else can I check to find the problem?
The drop brackets will have a result?
Thank you and I waiting your opinions!
Old 06-25-2017, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Did you add a steering stabilizer when you installed the lift? That's the most common cause of steering pull.

Other than that, you'll need to post your alignment spec sheet. It could be the adjustable arms, tie rod, etc. No one can tell without seeing the latest alignment sheet.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:58 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

A steering stabilizer should not affect the steering unless it is gas charged, most are not gas charged. IF you push in the ram and it pushes itself back out then it is gas charged.
If that is not what is doing it then you might lengthen the drivers side control arms a bit on the front. Typically a 4 link set up will have slightly longer front right control arm lengths to compensate for the cross slope in the road that is needed to shed water. your roads may be flatter there or when you set up the suspension you made the passenger side a bit too long.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

I don't think it is stabilizer. I was wearing rough country before the lift kit and one year ago I changed RC stabilizer to Fox. The pulling left was there before and after Fox stabilizer.
Unfortunately I have no alignment sheet
Old 06-25-2017, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could try to rotate the tires and see if it could be them or like dirtman said is double check your arm lengths.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

i ll check the arms when i ll do alignment and i ll inform you later, thank you!
Old 06-26-2017, 10:40 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by casual_style
I put a rough country suspension 4" with a adjustment arms.
Originally Posted by casual_style
The drop brackets will have a result?
Both quotes from original post. I was interpreting this as he doesn't have adjustable arms, but is using CA drop brackets. Maybe i'm just having a little international confusion.

Can you clarify if you have adjustable control arms?

Last edited by resharp001; 06-26-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A fox 2.0 SS will pull you to the left, When I had the Fox 2.0 on mine I went to Fox HQ (right down the street from me) and was told they could let some pressure out of it to fix the problem but was also told it could take time to wear in. I ended going with a Fox ATS at that point since it doesn't have that pull. Now I have WTO Hydro so I defiantly don't have that issue anymore.

I would pull the SS and see if you still have the pull. If you do go get an alignment(with SS still off) and see if you still have it afterwards. Then put SS back on.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Both quotes from original post. I was interpreting this as he doesn't have adjustable arms, but is using CA drop brackets. Maybe i'm just having a little international confusion.

Can you clarify if you have adjustable control arms?
i have adjustable arms and i asked if i ll install drop brackets solve my problem.
jchappies i liked your thought about steering stabilizer and i ll try it!
but i am sure before Fox ss I had the same problem with rough country ss.
tomorrow i ll go for alignment and i ll hope to find a solution
Old 06-26-2017, 01:55 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The adjustable arms let you rotate the housing and adjust the caster as much or as little as you want. If you have both upper and lower, you can then move the entire housing forward/backward in the wheel well.

The drop brackets raise the caster, but are not as adjustable as the arms. Depending on the brackets you choose, you will have from one to three holes to use (adjust for a 2.5" lift, 3.5", 4.5", or whatever). The benefit to them is that they will also flatten the angle of the arms, which many people say gives a better ride. But I don't think this would affect the pulling to the left.

Be sure to post the specs from the alignment.

Quick Reply: Pulls left after lift 4''