Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about draglink flip kits?

Old 03-04-2012, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about draglink flip kits?

I'm looking at the EVO draglink flip kit, and I see it also raises the mounting point of the swaybar links. Why would these mount points need to be raised too? Also I have the JKS Quicker disconnects for a 2.5" to 6" lift. Will I have to get different disconnects, or can these be adjusted short enough to still work?
Old 03-05-2012, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Anybody have some insight on this ?
Old 03-05-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

kit says, raises 3" for 3" and up, your profile says 4" skyjacker, sounds like you could use this...
2.5 - 6 links set to 4"-4.5" now minus 3" it relocates up, 1-1.5".....just set your links to lowest setting 2.5??

whats your swaybar look like now? level with frame...I say you can make it work, or use your stock links and make em disco with a pin mod....

After reading their site again, I says trackbar relocate but don't see it say sway link ....but neither do the rockstars

Last edited by DanieltheManual; 03-05-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Any more opinions on why I have to raise the sway bar mounts. I see EVO and some others raise the sway bar mounts at the axle, but it looks like Rock Krawler doesn't. The reason I'm asking about this is because I already have the Rock Krawler drag link, the tie rod end adaptor, and the latest JKS track bar. I was going to install the JKS front track bar brace (which can raise the track bar 3") and there's my drag link flip kit. But this doesn't address the sway bar links. Can anybody tell me why this setup won't work?
Old 03-25-2012, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have this EVO kit that your talkig about and prior to installing i already had a set of longer swaybar links and the higher mounting point for them that the kit provides is not something that i needed. so instead of raisin them to the higher mounting point i simply left them in the same spot. they do no have to be relocated higher if you do not want to because the stock holes are still there and nothing is in the way to just mount the in the same spot. the higher mount points would be for those that are running stock swaybar links. i hope this helps and if youd like photos to see what exactly it looks like let me know and ill take a few.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by taylorthedude
I have this EVO kit that your talkig about and prior to installing i already had a set of longer swaybar links and the higher mounting point for them that the kit provides is not something that i needed. so instead of raisin them to the higher mounting point i simply left them in the same spot. they do no have to be relocated higher if you do not want to because the stock holes are still there and nothing is in the way to just mount the in the same spot. the higher mount points would be for those that are running stock swaybar links. i hope this helps and if youd like photos to see what exactly it looks like let me know and ill take a few.
Exactly what I plan on doing next week as well!

Quick Reply: Question about draglink flip kits?