Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about lift?

Old 11-21-2006, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about lift?

I want to lift my jk unlimited. Mostly a daily driver, some moderate offroading. I am looking for the best ride I can get. I wanna run 35's with a 3 inch lift. Which lift will give me the best ride quality?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:53 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, that's a really tough question especially since so few people have had a chance to test out what little is available. And, ultimately, ride quality and comfort is completely subjective. I'm sure this will be a much easier question to answer in about a year but just to get the ball rolling, let us know if you prefer a soft ride or a firm ride? Does off road performance take a higher priority or will your Jeep need to be a good daily driver?
Old 11-22-2006, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

I prefer the daily driver ride quality. I like that softer ride.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Smile

Since I do not have my JK yet................it will be hard to answer your question. However I put a 3.5 inch Rubicon Express Kit on my 04 Unlimited and I got a better ride with the lift than with stock. Just my 2 cents worth. Papabear
Old 11-22-2006, 05:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by papabear
Since I do not have my JK yet................it will be hard to answer your question. However I put a 3.5 inch Rubicon Express Kit on my 04 Unlimited and I got a better ride with the lift than with stock. Just my 2 cents worth. Papabear
Your not the first person to say this. I guy in my club has a FT long arm with 38's and said the same thing...
Old 11-22-2006, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

From what people are saying, the Full Traction and Rubicon Express lifts provide the best ride on and off road.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Smile

Originally Posted by Tjen97
From what people are saying, the Full Traction and Rubicon Express lifts provide the best ride on and off road.
I have taken mine on 4.5 trails in Moab and my wife ha a bad neck and she feels good when we get off the trail. Papabear
Old 11-22-2006, 07:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Piginajeep, Do you and your wife have duelling computers going on at home there? I am assuming Tjen97 is your significant other. That's cool, my wife just walks in and I feel so guilty, I minimize my screen and get back to work until she walks back out of the room. LOL She is on to me though!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Piginajeep, Do you and your wife have duelling computers going on at home there? I am assuming Tjen97 is your significant other. That's cool, my wife just walks in and I feel so guilty, I minimize my screen and get back to work until she walks back out of the room. LOL She is on to me though!

haha,... i told her people are going to wonder!

I'm at work, and so is she..... (she was done at 10pm...im stuck until midnight)
I normal dont go online at home, I have more important things to do..
Old 11-23-2006, 03:29 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
i'm in your club . . . but i was on a RE long arm with 38's . . . . and i agree
im talking about selway, he's on 38's right? or close......

too many of you terds to keep track of,..

Quick Reply: Question about lift?