Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about stock tires, new rims, and new tires

Old 10-26-2010, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about stock tires, new rims, and new tires

First off I would like to thank everyone here. I have learned an unbelievable amount by frquenting this forum. Just tackled a custom wiring job with help from just reading posts. Not to mention answering all my future lift questions. But thats where I have my question that I need help on.
I would like to keep my stock LT255/75/R17 tires and get new rims to get the proper backspacing for a TF 2.5 coil lift and look badass. But I eventually would like to get bigger tires after wearing out my stock ones. So would I be able to get bigger say 35's or 33's with a wider stance than the stock tires on pretty much stock rims with proper backspacing for the lift?
I have been trying to answer this question for a long time by just research alone but have not been able to do so, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I DID WITH 285/75/16 bfg km2 THERE WERE ABOUT 33s look good until i went with a 4in lift...

Quick Reply: Question about stock tires, new rims, and new tires