Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions..

Old 06-21-2016, 11:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions..

Hey everyone. Before I ask away just a brief intro, i'm In school still and looking to get into a JK soon and I'm a noob as of now when it comes to modding jeeps as I previously owned tuner cars. I want to have a clean looking JK, maybe some interior mods/sound upgrades, a lift, some body mods such as bumpers and fenders, nice wheels and preferably 37's from the research that i've done. I will not be doing any trailing or climbing most likely as I do not want to turn this into an endless money pit and it will be my daily. I've realized that there is a lot of talk in regards to gears and changing out front end parts when it comes to upgrading tire size that high. But from my understanding it is really only necessary for people who trail/climb? I will most likely have a full weight rig ( hardtop) possibly even carrier on the back with the spare. So with that being said, can you guys recommend some lift kits that would be sufficient for my goals? and what kind of price range are we talking just for daily full weight street wear? There seems to be so many on the market that it can be a bit confusing with all the opinions on different companies plus the different lvls of lift kits. I don't need anything excessive but also don't want the absolute worst ride or sagging. (I was thinking somewhere between a 4-6 in lift height). Also will sometimes have a few passengers, lugging around my friends and such from time to time. Cheers guys!
Old 06-21-2016, 11:54 PM
JK Newbie

Also if you think i'll need supporting mods for my goals please feel free to list!! Thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

37s and no money pit don't go together

Sounds like you want no lift and 33s with wheel spacers to start.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also any cheap lift will usually not have the greatest ride quality, i.e., a money pit.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Alexpal
Hey everyone. Before I ask away just a brief intro, i'm In school still and looking to get into a JK soon and I'm a noob as of now when it comes to modding jeeps as I previously owned tuner cars. I want to have a clean looking JK, maybe some interior mods/sound upgrades, a lift, some body mods such as bumpers and fenders, nice wheels and preferably 37's from the research that i've done. I will not be doing any trailing or climbing most likely as I do not want to turn this into an endless money pit and it will be my daily. I've realized that there is a lot of talk in regards to gears and changing out front end parts when it comes to upgrading tire size that high. But from my understanding it is really only necessary for people who trail/climb? I will most likely have a full weight rig ( hardtop) possibly even carrier on the back with the spare. So with that being said, can you guys recommend some lift kits that would be sufficient for my goals? and what kind of price range are we talking just for daily full weight street wear? There seems to be so many on the market that it can be a bit confusing with all the opinions on different companies plus the different lvls of lift kits. I don't need anything excessive but also don't want the absolute worst ride or sagging. (I was thinking somewhere between a 4-6 in lift height). Also will sometimes have a few passengers, lugging around my friends and such from time to time. Cheers guys!
Do yourself a favor and read the sticky at the top of this section. For a DD you do not want to do 37s, you will regret it. For your needs get 33s and a leveling kit. This set up will be the cheapest and not screw up your drive quality. Going to 37s will require all kinds of mods to get you ride quality back not to say the stress you put on your axels with those big tires.... Do a lot more reading on here before you make your decision.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2BAJeep
Do yourself a favor and read the sticky at the top of this section. For a DD you do not want to do 37s, you will regret it. For your needs get 33s and a leveling kit. This set up will be the cheapest and not screw up your drive quality. Going to 37s will require all kinds of mods to get you ride quality back not to say the stress you put on your axels with those big tires.... Do a lot more reading on here before you make your decision.
I did read the sticky before I made the post. And 33's look too small for the vehicle imo. I have a 99' Tj with 33's and a 6" fox kit , that I bought built already. I want this vehicle to look HARD . If someone could show me a jk with 33's that looks aggressive I'd be surprised. I'm not saying I want it to drive smooth as stock, but I don't want it to be absolute shit. I've driven my manual Tj on 33's for two years now for 80% of the year while I've been building my other cars. So I'm used to a stiff drive.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

I also only drive about 10-12 miles round trip to school and everywhere I need to go is within a 5 mile radius . So driveability doesn't have to be perfect
Old 06-22-2016, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560
37s and no money pit don't go together

Sounds like you want no lift and 33s with wheel spacers to start.
Dude . Sounds like you didn't understand me. I DO want a lift, and 33's aren't aggressive enough for what I'm going for. and no I am not getting wheel spacers lmao..
Old 06-22-2016, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Alexpal
I want this vehicle to look HARD.
Thats all I needed to read. You cant help people like this. Just get a 6" zone lift kit and be done with it bro.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3835274979.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	502.4 KB
ID:	650407

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4039077509.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	336.0 KB
ID:	650409

33s and a leveling kit. Didn't break the bank. I think it looks fine, drives perfect. Why not do 35s and 2.5 in lift?

Quick Reply: Questions..