Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

a quick one

Old 03-18-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a quick one

what would one expect to pay to have a lift kit installed? 3 inch lift if it matters
Old 03-18-2007, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on the Kit, $800.00 or more. Papabear
Old 03-18-2007, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

For me, dealer installed= $900
Old 03-18-2007, 08:11 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jerzeyjeep
what would one expect to pay to have a lift kit installed? 3 inch lift if it matters
Oh, please don't send your Jeep to a shop just to have a 3" lift installed. If you can, please try to find a local club to help you install it yourself. Hell, if you lived in SoCal, I would help you install it for FREE and I know there are plenty of other Jeepers who would do the same. The knowledge you would gain is invaluable and you won't regret it.

Here, read through my write-ups below and see for yourself how easy it is to do:

3" Suspension Lift Installation Write-Up
2.5" Budget Boost Installation Write-Up

Don't have the right tools, trust me, you can buy them for a fraction of the cost of a shop installation and you will get to use them over and over again
Old 03-18-2007, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Oh, please don't send your Jeep to a shop just to have a 3" lift installed. If you can, please try to find a local club to help you install it yourself. Hell, if you lived in SoCal, I would help you install it for FREE and I know there are plenty of other Jeepers who would do the same. The knowledge you would gain is invaluable and you won't regret it.

Here, read through my write-ups below and see for yourself how easy it is to do:

3" Suspension Lift Installation Write-Up
2.5" Budget Boost Installation Write-Up

Don't have the right tools, trust me, you can buy them for a fraction of the cost of a shop installation and you will get to use them over and over again
I totally agree. Lift installs on on Jeeps have got to be one of the easiest mods you can make to any of these things.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:28 AM
JK Freak

guys i do my own work, have been 4 years. i have done a few of my close friends jeeps here and now my name has gone out and i have a full month worth of requests for installs. the shops around here don't want to have anything to do with lifts and the ones that do ask 100 and hour. really just wanted to see what the average price was. thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Junkie

I have a friend who has a 4wd shop and he has been quoting $200 for a budget boost, $300 for a 3" lift with shocks and no arms, and $500 for a complete kit. His shop labor rate is $60/hr.

Quick Reply: a quick one