Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quiet Performance Exhaust

Old 10-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 R R Unlimited
Just my opinion , i tried the Gibson Dual exhaust-Way to loud,
Installed the MBRP cat back,perfect fit obviously a little louder than
stock but not to insane...This kit was the fit for me...
Glad to hear you had better results with our cat-back...We were going for a sound right in the middle...not stock, but not obnoxious. I think we got it right.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

one word ... BORLA ... its super quiet ... great system, great build quality ...
Old 10-02-2009, 02:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have the Mbrp exhaust-Not much cab noise-Just a little bit more bark.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
Glad to hear you had better results with our cat-back...We were going for a sound right in the middle...not stock, but not obnoxious. I think we got it right.
I think you got it just right. I had Borla before and now got the MBRP. Borla was barely different than stock. MBRP is perfect without being obnoxious.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Here is an article on an exhaust system shootout I found very helpful in JP magazine. The testbed was a 2001 TJ, but the results as far as noise levels go are pretty typical for these types of exhausts regardless. There is pretty much loud and louder.

So I am not posting a direct link, just fix the http part.

hxxp://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/engine/154_0903_jeep_wrangler_cat_back_exhaust_shootout/index.html

Regards
Old 11-01-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Default Quite OUTSIDE

Hi all. That last link might be a great help for me, I have a similar question.
I want to add performance exhaust, but my concern is the quietest OUTSIDE the Jeep at low speeds (say 0-20mph) because I do a lot of off road hunting too, don't want to scare away any bucks! Stock is really quite and worked great for this, but I want to also add every ounce of performance I can in the long run.
If the test in that article are close to same for JK, looks like DynoMax Super Turbo is by far the best choice?
Old 11-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by wesblake
Hi all. That last link might be a great help for me, I have a similar question.
I want to add performance exhaust, but my concern is the quietest OUTSIDE the Jeep at low speeds (say 0-20mph) because I do a lot of off road hunting too, don't want to scare away any bucks! Stock is really quite and worked great for this, but I want to also add every ounce of performance I can in the long run.
If the test in that article are close to same for JK, looks like DynoMax Super Turbo is by far the best choice?
I can assure you that the guys on this forum have more experience and real world testing of the current exhaust systems available and the MBRP system is one of the most popular with out a doubt. Is the DynoMax muffler a universal muffler like many of the Magnaflow's and Fowmaster systems out there?

We designed a muffler with both performance and sound in mind for the stock 3.8L motor. With proven dyno numbers and a sound that you can hear, but will not annoy, there is a reason so many guys choose MBRP Performance Exhaust.

Let me know if you need any help.

Steve

Quick Reply: Quiet Performance Exhaust