Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quik Locker question?!?!?!

Old 11-25-2008, 03:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quik Locker question?!?!?!

Just wondering.... I just bought the superior 4.88 gears for my JK with a front Dana 30 and the rear Dana 44.

I want to buy the Aussie locker for the front diff. Will it fit?? I also will be using a Riddler Diff cover. Will it Fit??

Also which one do I get for the rear Dana 44?? NO ARB!! cant afford it. I'm lookin for the best VALUE. I also need to know if it will fit with the Riddler Diff Cover.

Thanks guys!!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by haddadk03
Just wondering.... I just bought the superior 4.88 gears for my JK with a front Dana 30 and the rear Dana 44.

I want to buy the Aussie locker for the front diff. Will it fit?? I also will be using a Riddler Diff cover. Will it Fit??

Also which one do I get for the rear Dana 44?? NO ARB!! cant afford it. I'm lookin for the best VALUE. I also need to know if it will fit with the Riddler Diff Cover.

Thanks guys!!
Yes, contact Dave at Northridge4X4 and he can get you everything you need to install the Aussie... also talk to him about buying the diff cover for the rear, if you have a riddler up front might as well put on on the back to.....
Old 11-25-2008, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

I talked to Dave about the Aussie the other day, He said it would be a couple more mo's. before they would be ready for the JK.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino64
I talked to Dave about the Aussie the other day, He said it would be a couple more mo's. before they would be ready for the JK.
THere are several people here on the forum running the Aussie without issue. I have one myself but I've not installed it yet. My understanding is, in odred to get the clearances right, you have to use TJ side gear thrust washers. Some have installed the Aussie with the JK thrust washers and not had issues at all. Must not be too critical. I'm going to install and measure mine and if it's close, I'm runnin it.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
THere are several people here on the forum running the Aussie without issue. I have one myself but I've not installed it yet. My understanding is, in odred to get the clearances right, you have to use TJ side gear thrust washers. Some have installed the Aussie with the GK thrust washers and not had issues at all. Must not be too critical. I'm going to install and measure mine and if it's close, I'm running it.
Yeah, I'm aware of that but I'm going to wait until they get done testing and say this is designed for the JK. There must be something they feel needs to be redesigned or it would be on the market by now, I would think.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

Just as an FYI, i was the first one to put the TJ Dana 30 Aussie in the JK Dana 30 (according to Aussie). It fit perfect, and all clearances were perfect. I have 20k miles on it and drive it hard on the trail, again...perfect.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Quik Locker question?!?!?!