Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quote on 3" lift and 35" tires... oddball statements

Old 01-25-2010, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the fast replies guys.

I definately like the looks of the KM2 tire and they seem like it would be more functional for my DD needs and then multipurpose as the offroad warriors they need to be.

I'll look into that caster stuff. Thanks!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got KM2s and love them. They're pretty quiet in my opinion.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

Love the look, feel, quiet, wear, and performance of my km2s.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2.

To be fair to Nitto, I don't believe you specified which of the five types you were quoted.

The Mud Grapplers are one of the loudest MTs on the road,which probably why they introduced the Nitto Trail Grapplers (convential MT tread) conversely the KM2s are one of the quietest MTs on the road.

There are a lot of very good MT tires on the market, but the KM2s are one of the best on the road with a good balance for off road conditions.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

You should also take a look at the GoodYear MTR's with Kevlar for a nice quiet ride and awesome trail handling. I have never KM2's but was on the fence between the KM2 and MTR's but the reviews on the quiet ride and rain/snow handling made my decision on the MTR's.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone have any complaints about the BDS 3 1/4" lift? I haven't seen to much info about this brand.

Originally Posted by phljeeper
You should also take a look at the GoodYear MTR's with Kevlar for a nice quiet ride and awesome trail handling. I have never KM2's but was on the fence between the KM2 and MTR's but the reviews on the quiet ride and rain/snow handling made my decision on the MTR's.

Thats a damn good looking tire and great reviews on it. Might have to consider getting that now, but I love the looks of the KM2.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
That kit comes with cam bolts.
I've heard mixed opinions about these mostly that they suck and you should get lower control arms instead.

Is that true? I am not extreme wheeling but like to do hit the trails with small rocks, water, mud, etc.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

A lot of people run cam bolts without any issues. They are cheap, and will let you set caster to a limited extent. (depending on lift height, you may or may not get the caster up where you want it...)

When spending a lot of time off-road, though, many have found that the cams slip, causing the flighty handling issues again. The bigger problem with cams is that you have to notch out a hole to install them, so if you ever decide to go to adjustables, you'll have to get that hole welded back up.

Quick Reply: Quote on 3" lift and 35" tires... oddball statements