Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rampage Hi-Lift Mount As Jerry Can Holder...

Old 07-18-2012, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rampage Hi-Lift Mount As Jerry Can Holder...

Hey all,

On my never-ending search to find an appealing, inexpensive, and secure mount for a jerry can I stumbled upon pictures of someone who used a Rampage Hi-Lift Jack mount as a jerry can holder. Anyway, the individual had a factory bumper and carrier, I have the Mopar bumper and carrier. I was curious of anyone knows if there is a way to mount the Rampage mount higher up in case I have clearance issues, or if anyone know how far the lowest point of the mount is below the bottom gate hinge. I wish I could find pictures of the person who did this...but currently cannot. I will keep looking and post pictures if I find them, or a link to the tread. Thanks in advanced for any help!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:25 PM
JK Super Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-o...2/#post1738934

Just like the silver JKU on the second page...

I'm just wanting to know the measurments before I get all the supplies and it doesn't fit.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Update: I took some measurements of my Jeep and realized the Jerry can will impede the use of tire carrier: opening the carrier will hit the can due to the angle. To get this set-up to work, I would have to open the gate and carrier and swing them at almost the exact same time, seems like too much of a pain. I still plan on working something out...figured I would use the forum as a way to track my progress, get input, and maybe get a few others motivated.

I think I'll be looking at a quick disconnect to mount to my carrier in the same location (passenger side by the spare tire.) I may have to fab something up entirely on my own. Who knows...maybe I can come up with my own product?

Quick Reply: Rampage Hi-Lift Mount As Jerry Can Holder...