Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho Lift Bottoms Out

Old 04-15-2014, 03:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho Lift Bottoms Out

I just put on a 2" Rancho lift kit with 5000 shocks on my 2010 JKU. I finally got it out on some dirt roads and the front end bottoms out on even moderate bumps at slower speeds (10 mph). The kit came with new springs, bump stops, and the shocks. I'm running Duratracs 285x70x17, with 1.5" wheel spacers. I also have a Body Armour front bumper, Smitty Bilt winch, and a Kargo Master Congo Cage. The rep at Rancho said the weight of the bumper and winch is probably to blame and I should put on a bigger coil spacer. However, my Jeep is level at this point and I'm concerned the spacer would hide another problem. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a coil spacer alone would be fine. It gives you a little extra space between the bumpstop and axle pad. It wont effect your shocks unless you go with a huge spacer and your articulation will remain the same.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you need to add there bumpstops? if you didnt change tire size i wouldnt think so. Where your tires clearing everything with the previous set up? Also depends on your shock length i suppose, how close are your shocks to bottoming out if you removed the bumps?

Last edited by Maertz; 04-15-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Rancho Lift Bottoms Out