Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rattle can help

Old 05-18-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rattle can help

Primed and layer my jcr bumper with first coat of rustolem hammered not real happy wit the finish (shinny) am I ok to sand and spray satin finish?
Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did my front with Hammered and the rear with Textured. I prefer the Textured so I plan to redo my front in it.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did my custom trailer with hammered. I loved thetexture to hide any imperfections and it holds up great. It is shiny, but it didn't bother me on that.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dayman
Primed and layer my jcr bumper with first coat of rustolem hammered not real happy wit the finish (shinny) am I ok to sand and spray satin finish?
I used rust oleum professional flat black on my rockrails. Came out perfect and looks pretty much factory. I bet it would look great on the JCR bumper.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJM12

I used rust oleum professional flat black on my rockrails. Came out perfect and looks pretty much factory. I bet it would look great on the JCR bumper.
Where did you buy the pro flat?
Old 05-18-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dayman

Where did you buy the pro flat?
Lowes home improvent had it for like 7 bucks a can
Old 05-18-2012, 09:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd say go ahead and try it. If it fails you're only out a can or two, and you would have needed to strip it and start over at some point anyway. Wait at least a day or tow before sanding. Longer is better.

Tried to rattle-can my PSC Brawlers with textured. The area was too large and the textured finish came out grossly uneven despite my best efforts and many many successful rattle-can jobs in the past.

Really wanted the textured finish so stripped them and handed them over to the powder coat shop. Glad I did.

Quick Reply: Rattle can help