Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rattle , Grinding or Vibration sound when accelerating.... help?

Old 12-09-2013, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks bud, been reading all night and i think you hit BINGO! thx again.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

Please update when you find out definitely. It sounds similar but I dont work for Aamco so i might have translated your grinding wrong.

EGH - PTB
Old 12-31-2013, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same exhaust and was having a rattle noise also. Mine (08 unlimited 6 speed) ended up being the exhaust pipe itself. The hanger was to long and the pipe was resting on the metal cross member under the drivers door. Was barely touching but under certain situations it vibrated just enough to annoy the shit out of me. I ended up bending up the factory hanger slightly and putting on a smaller rubber hanger. Sounded exactly like a heat shield too. Didn't look to be touching but when under I had someone feather the pedal and narrowed it down.
Old 05-14-2023, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

I had what sounds like the exact same issue. Start accelerating, it would start rattling around 2k rpm. If I accelerated hard it would go away. Made the sound both in gear and in neutral. I just went with the metal hose clamp fix, figured it only cost $9 so I might as well. Took 5 min to put them on and the rattle is gone. Whole new jeep.....

Quick Reply: Rattle , Grinding or Vibration sound when accelerating.... help?