Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ravelco Anti-Theft Device

Old 05-05-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I havnt seen one yet, only your photos. If your riding with the doors off, any chance of that plug falling out ? & did everyone have it installed on left of steering wheel, or is there an alternate place (thinking if without doors, then nearer center better)...thanks
Old 05-05-2008, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for speedy reply
Old 05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stacey
Move to Mississauga I never lock my truck.

Montreal is a beautiful town.

haha sarcasm
Old 05-05-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cableguy7778
That shows the beauty of ravelco, it it a one-time cost and it will prevent your vehicle from being stolen altogether, not aid in its recovery once it is stolen.
If they want it they will get it. Tow truck pretty much stops any chance of your system working. As for low jack they just disable the transponder and tow it away.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

You talk about the install but not much or any links on how it works, where to get it, etc.

I have and still believe the best piece of equipment for anti-theft is still the autolock

www.autolock.com

Last edited by toad; 05-05-2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Please refrain from linking to non-sponsored vendors :) thank you!
Old 05-05-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

What shop in SA did you get your 200.00 quote from? I might pick one up.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HITMONEY
Don't waste your money.

http://www.carthiefstoppers.com/About-the-Competition.html

clubbuster.com

There is a reason there isn't any technical info on Ravelco.... The guy won't even let you watch the complete install.

If you want to know how to defeat an alarm or device just google for the name of the device + defeated. Only one that hasn't been is the Ravelco. The only way to defeat it is to tow your rig away.

Want to know where to get it...

Just google Ravelco. Google is your friend.

EDIT: I want to add that given enough time and motivation and even more time, I am sure the Ravelco could be defeated. Time is something most thieves don't have alot of. Nothing is 100%.. alarms and devices just add a layer of security.. given enough layers the typical thief moves on. If they just gotta have your rig... they will just tow it and figure out the rest later.
google is our friend but it would have been nice to include it in you're post, especially if it's all that and a bowl of popcorn.

Last edited by wayoflife; 05-05-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Truth is, I never know what we can and can't link to around here, so most of the time i just play it safe.

yeah no kidding, well I just read the article, I'm impressed and agree with what they state about reactive Vs. proactive anti-theft blah blah...but I don't like having to carry a stupid plug around in my pocket with they keys...but I'd do it....and I damn sure do NOT buy the 30 seconds using leverage on the autolock...but tonight I'm going to try it on my wifes DD Camry , I'm a big guy too and I don't think I'll bend the legs but if I do I'll toss it in the trash tonight....

more NEWS @10
Old 05-05-2008, 01:16 PM
JK Super Freak

LOL!!

I'ld rather carry a little plug that clips to my key chain than a 15lb Autolock.

But, I do concede to the fact that you do have to train yourself to take out and put in... especially if it isn't your daily driver.

I have the Ravelco on my X but havent done it on the Rubi yet.... I can just see getting the plugs mixed up...
lmao...what happens if you lose a plug and you're at HEB buying potted mean for a Cat-5 hurricane that's about 30 minutes from hitting?....yeah....or something like that.... whatdayado then???? Call your local Popalock?
Old 05-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Former Member

Kind of makes you wonder how many bystanders would call a cop as the Jeeps being loaded on a flatbed towtruck seeing how nobody calls a cop when an anti-theft alarm goes off in the middle of the night.
Lets get real if they want the parts for a chop shop...nothing will stop them.
But then again the anti-theft people gotta make a living too

Quick Reply: Ravelco Anti-Theft Device