Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Re-use stock lugnuts?

Old 12-16-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I got Gorilla lugs with my Procomp 7089s. Hated them. They are a different size than stock lugs, making all my wheel tools obsolete. Except Four Wheel Parts only installed on the road tires; not the spare. So, I ended up carrying two sets of tools. And, the Gorillas are so large they barely fit into the Procomp 7089s, making all my easily $10K investment in work shop tools obsolete. Needed all super thin wall sockets. When a Gorilla lug stripped out for no good reason, I shit-canned the whole bunch of 'em (that is not language I use often). Stocker lugs for me.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Pintler

Stock lugs for me - you have to get a thin walled socket, but other than that, no problems.

JD
Old 12-16-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cragar soft 8's here, shipped with big ass lugz that my tools didnt fit and the wheel lock had an even different size, so i needed 2 different sizes tools to take off my wheels, switched back to my stock lugs about 5,000 miles ago, no problems.

I have OCD with keeping my lug nuts torqued, and the OEM lugs keep proper torque, the ones they shipped with the wheels needed to be retorqued every few days as they would loosen up. I believe they were gorilla lugs.

Quick Reply: Re-use stock lugnuts?