Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Really need some help please...

Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really need some help please...

I recently installed the Tereflex 2 1/2 inch coil lift. I was having a knocking when i turned the steering wheel and saw that my control arm was loose so I got a new one and installed. No more knocking. Now, i get a knocking when I accelerate and when I let off the gas. Any ideas what this could be? I have gone back and double checked and everything I touched installing the lift is tight and appears to be in good shape. Any help would be greatly !
Old 01-11-2012, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How long ago did u install the lift???? Do you have a auto or 6 speed???? Sound like ur drive shafts are going. If you have an auto look at the front drive shaft right were the transmission skid plate is and see if the boot has been hitting the skid plate. Also look for any grease under your jeep that is being slung from the drive shafts. Run your finger around all the seals on the driveshafts and see if there is any grease

Last edited by medic_23387; 01-11-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed the lift about 4 months ago. No grease or oil dripping under the Jeep. I will check the drive shafts this evening. And it is an automatic 4 door. Thanks for the repliy!!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

I would bet its ur front driveshaft
Old 01-11-2012, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is that something someone with limited tools can fix?
Old 01-11-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just checked and drive shaft is good. No grease, rubbing. Everything feels tight. Any other sugestion?
Old 01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default Check your front shocks

Originally Posted by 2wheelz4me
I recently installed the Tereflex 2 1/2 inch coil lift. I was having a knocking when i turned the steering wheel and saw that my control arm was loose so I got a new one and installed. No more knocking. Now, i get a knocking when I accelerate and when I let off the gas. Any ideas what this could be? I have gone back and double checked and everything I touched installing the lift is tight and appears to be in good shape. Any help would be greatly !
I had a similar issue and found that I did not tighten the top of the front shocks very well. It's a pain in the arse to get a wrench up there with the liners in the way.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2wheelz4me
Just checked and drive shaft is good. No grease, rubbing. Everything feels tight. Any other sugestion?
My rear never threw grease and was always tight but still was making a sound like that. Is it worse in the mornings when it is cold???
Old 01-12-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by medic_23387
My rear never threw grease and was always tight but still was making a sound like that. Is it worse in the mornings when it is cold???

Ya, sometimes it does seem more active when it is cold. So if in fact this is the issue, how do I verify or fit it??
Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

It does sound like your problem you can verify it by pulling your front drive shaft off and then driving it to see if the noise is gone. If so its ur front shaft. U can put the front back on then pull ur rear shaft and drive it in 4 hi. If the noise is gone its ur back shaft

Quick Reply: Really need some help please...