Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Axle Alignment

Old 05-02-2009, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the cheapest route would be to buy a rear track bar relocation bracket, but the best way to fix it would be adjustable track bar. most lift makers will sell you just the rear track bar relocation bracket. shouldn't be more then 50 to 70 bucks, I know bds has them for pretty cheap, that's what I ran on my old TeraFlex 2.5 bb. I'm sure TeraFlex has some too, just call them, they are very helpful.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

After all these posts you should be totally scared by now.

It is not a big deal. Run over to Teraflex, and get an adjustable track bar, unless you never plan on going any higher with the lift AND have to save money.. then get the relocation bracket. If all you did was a bb lift, this will solve it. NO big deal.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by riverzendz
It seems that the only way you could get a situation like this in a JK, baring an accident, is to intall adjustable control arms and set the upper and lower on one side shorter ot longer than the other. With factory arms I don't see being an issue.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by chuck45
It seems that the only way you could get a situation like this in a JK, baring an accident, is to intall adjustable control arms and set the upper and lower on one side shorter ot longer than the other. With factory arms I don't see being an issue.
Had this same problem with my long arm install now that I remember. The rear passenger side uppers and lowers were about a inch shorter approx plus my rear axel was off center. Soooo my thrust angle was way off. My JK drove like shit until I had it aligned. Much better now :-)

Quick Reply: Rear Axle Alignment