JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Rear axle upgrade advice needed (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/rear-axle-upgrade-advice-needed-246190/)

scott in LA 08-30-2012 04:33 PM

Rear axle upgrade advice needed

I need to replace a bent rear axle so I want to upgrade in the process. I tried to purchase the Superior 35 spline kit with an ARB locker, new gears etc. I just talked to Superior and they have no idea when these will be produced again.

Any advice on a direction to go? I don't want any cheap chinese steel back there. I saw G2 makes a 35 spline and Alloy USA does.

I plan on running 37's when the front axle is replaced and will eventually be wheeling hard in remote areas so I'm trying to make this as strong as possible.

Thanks

Mhare 08-30-2012 06:57 PM

Quadratec told me they had the super 44 kit last week. I hope they do! I've been saving for it.

LBJEEPER 08-31-2012 07:25 PM

I put on Ten alloy shafts from Northridge with all the bearings and wheel sensors pressed on already they went in like a breeze and so far so good ok them holding up to my 37's and my Eaton E-Locker

rays0852 08-31-2012 08:20 PM

I order my Ten Factory D44 Non-Rubi rears from Northridge today myself. They are pressing everything on and it should not be too much work.

So.....X2 on the above post. Oh...and Northridge said they are one of the only companies that actually will warranty a bent flange. BONUS!

LBJEEPER 09-01-2012 10:53 AM

Biggest thing that makes it easy is there are no C-clips holding the axle shafts on like the TJ's had so all you need to do is pull the brakes off and unbolt the factor shafts and use a slide hammer on them. Make sure the race's come off the axle housing otherwise the new shafts wont fit, learned that one after about 20 minutes of frustration and finally enlisting the help of a second set of eyes :rotflmao2:

highwayman 09-01-2012 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by rays0852 (Post 3189472)
I order my Ten Factory D44 Non-Rubi rears from Northridge today myself. They are pressing everything on and it should not be too much work.

So.....X2 on the above post. Oh...and Northridge said they are one of the only companies that actually will warranty a bent flange. BONUS!

X3..... Same story here. Also get them set up from Dave and you can keep your old setup for trail emergencies.

rays0852 09-02-2012 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by highwayman

X3..... Same story here. Also get them set up from Dave and you can keep your old setup for trail emergencies.

You read my mind.

Mhare 12-28-2012 05:31 PM

Ok so I went through north ridge and got nitro 35 spline shafts and ARB for my non-rubi rear 44. Is there anything I am going to need for the install. That isn't included in the kits? I ordered new tone rings and axle shaft seal retainers also.

tattedfire 12-28-2012 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mhare (Post 3355935)
Ok so I went through north ridge and got nitro 35 spline shafts and ARB for my non-rubi rear 44. Is there anything I am going to need for the install. That isn't included in the kits? I ordered new tone rings and axle shaft seal retainers also.

Other than an air compressor you should be good!

Mhare 12-28-2012 05:50 PM

I have OBA I was thinking along the lines of the solenoid or pinion seals.