Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear brake lines, coil retainers & my setup

Old 01-29-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear brake lines, coil retainers & my setup

So here's the deal. I only have 1" of lift in the rear, but I am running shocks designed for 2" of lift. I have run this setup for quite a while with no issues. I recently changed out my OME 2" shocks for Bilstein 5100 2" shocks. The Bilsteins are just slightly longer than the OME's were. When installing the new shocks, we jacked up the fame on one side a bit to make installation easier. When we did, we noticed that the rear brake line on that side seemed a bit tight, so we ordered Teraflex brake line drop brackets.

We haven't installed the brake line drop brackets yet, because it almost seemed like they'd leave too much slack in the brake line. So do you think I should install the brake drop brackets? Also, do you think I need coil retainers in the rear, since I'm running 2" shocks with a 1" lift? I'm thinking I'm ok there, because when we installed the rear lift, the springs were so difficult to get out that we finally had to get a spring compressor. They were in there super tight, even with the axel at full droop. Thoughts?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one has an opinion on this?

Quick Reply: Rear brake lines, coil retainers & my setup