Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Bumper Options

Old 06-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I&I
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Bumper Options

I have been looking at all the rear bumpers for the JK and none of the currently available bumpers seem to have the options I am looking for.

I would like to have (in order of importance):

-Swing away tire carrier w/ ADJUSTABLE TIRE MOUNTING HEIGHT
-Shackle mounts
-Tow receiver
-Integrated backup lights
-(Optional) High-Lift jack mount
-(Optional) Gerry can holders
-(Optional) Removable trail rack above tire

Did I forget anything?

Anyone know of anything on the horizon that includes all or most of these features? I am getting the AEV front bumper and am leaning toward the Rampage rear bumper for what's available now. Not sure if they match either. Anyone have pics or specs for the AEV rear bumper? Any input would be appreciated.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

I have the AEV front Bumper and Fabfours rear bumper I really like them both and they seem to work well together
Old 06-30-2007, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the WARN rear and don't care for it. Visibility is horrible and it rattles over everything.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I&I, I'm looking for the exact same kind of bumper, but I really want the hi-lift mounting capability and the jerican mounts, and def swing away. The closest I've found is the body armor 63" at quadratec. I like the looks of the fab fours and some of the others better though but they don't seem as versatile. I'm still looking. Any word of Shrockworks putting something out like that?
Old 07-01-2007, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been shopping around today, on the front page, project-jk page there are several options, i'm liking the LoD, Jeeperman, and the body armor bumpers, they have most if not all of what you are looking for. I'd still like to see what shrockworks is going to come up with, I'd like to have the same kind on both ends. Good Luck deciding, they all look good.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:03 PM
I&I
JK Newbie

Do any of those have an adjustable tire mounting height?

It would actually be nice to be able to adjust the mounting height easily somehow so you could lower the rear tire for street and raise it for better departure angle when wheeling. Adjustable height also is nice for different lift heights.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Warn does not have the ability to go up or down just in and out.

Quick Reply: Rear Bumper Options