Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear trabar

Old 08-18-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear trabar

So for the first trip wheeling that I had passengers in the back seat of my 2 door with 4" teraflex lift. I had issues with the rear trakbar. There was a loud pop so I get out to discover that my rear trakbar (stock) is hitting my passenger side coil spring and my new arb diff cover. I also notice that the teraflex bump stop located on the axle is hitting my trakbar mounting bolt. I have a few questions about what to do.

1. Will the teraflex monster rear trakbar route so that it doesn't contact anything?

2. Do I need to cut off my lower spring perch and bump stop and reweld them so that my coils are straighter and the bump stop is more level.

3. Do do I also need a trakbar relocation bracket?

Here are some picture of my current set up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-69765909.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	355649

I believe that is a trakbar drop bracket. See how close it is to the coil.

Name:	image-1313056861.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	355650

The cover is hitting right above the Allen bolt above the arb engraving.

Name:	image-2906248626.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	355652

Drivers side

Name:	image-4260234888.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	355653

Where my lower bump stop is hitting the trakbar mounting bolt.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you need any adjustable trackbar. ( I prefer rubicon express) I would also put a LOWER trackbar bracket mount on and ditch the upper mount you have. The upper should be in the factory position at the frame. This will allow your trackbar to be almost above your diff cover as it crosses behind it. That is how I have mine set up and I have at least 2 inches of clearance when my trackbar comes down. Never comes close to hitting the diff cover.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:22 PM
JK Junkie

Did you purchase your Jeep with the lift already installed or did you install it afterwards? Looking at the rear track bar bracket that doesn't resemble the TF bracket. Maybe that is the reason for your issue. The bracket may not have correctly centered your axle.

Either, getting the correct relo bracket or an adjustable track bar will center your axle and thus prevent the links contacting your Bump stops.

As for your springs, do you have adjustable control arms? With that much lift that could be the cause of your springs being that way. Having adjustable control arms can help dial in/adjust your suspension. Another alternative would be to get spring wedges, but Having adj control arms will help address the springs bending as well as help align your DS, pinion and fix any DS vibration if your are experiencing any...

Old 08-18-2012, 11:41 PM
JK Super Freak

That picture with the trac bar relocation looks wrong. There is no clearance at all. All of the ones I have seen are on the axle. I would either get an axle bracket or an adjustable trac bar.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes the lift was already on my jeep when I bought it. And I do have adjustable control arms. My axle is centered and I have zero dive shaft vibration. Can you post some pics of what my relocation bracket should look like.

Last edited by Mhare; 08-19-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:28 PM
JK Junkie

There are two types of brackets. One that mounts to the frame side and the other that mounts to the axle. I believe TF stop offering the frame mount bracket (I could be wrong though) But in the past the frame side bracket was for 2.5" lifts. Since yours is about 4" then you would use the axle mount bracket or opt for an adjustable track bar....

Frame bracket (2.5" -3" lifts)

Axle mount bracket (2.5" - 6" lifts)

Last edited by aldaman; 08-19-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered a Jks adjustable track bar from northridge. They said I don't need a bracket with it.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well the Jks track bar still hit my coil springs. I removed the fame side drop bracket. I also cut off my lower spring perches and moved them to the top of the axle. Now my coils are not bowed and my track bar does not hit. I may still get an axle side bracket though.

Name:	image-1149767500.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	359698

Going to take it out in the morning and see how it will flex out. Hopefully I have this problem whipped.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3177573548.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	359697  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mhare
Well the Jks track bar still hit my coil springs. I removed the fame side drop bracket. I also cut off my lower spring perches and moved them to the top of the axle. Now my coils are not bowed and my track bar does not hit. I may still get an axle side bracket though.

Attachment 359698

Going to take it out in the morning and see how it will flex out. Hopefully I have this problem whipped.
You have a early early TeraFlex 4" kit, they came with a frame side drop bracket. Send me a PM with your name/address and I will send you the current version.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow Teraflex has great customer service, have read several times where the odd time something goes bad(which seems to not be often at all) they fix, when I can afford a lift, I know who is getting my money.*clap*

Quick Reply: Rear trabar