Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Reasonable time AND cost for instal front, rear bumpers and side steps/krawlers...?

Old 05-22-2012, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reasonable time AND cost for instal front, rear bumpers and side steps/krawlers...?

not with the tire carrier. guy wants to so, 1000$ for olympic everything. 4wheelparts is asking about 500$ for instal... This reasonable? siad the sides steps would take two hours... sounds illogical, but wtf do I know. Thoughts?
Old 05-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by veretas
not with the tire carrier. guy wants to so, 1000$ for olympic everything. 4wheelparts is asking about 500$ for instal... This reasonable? siad the sides steps would take two hours... sounds illogical, but wtf do I know. Thoughts?
Do you have the tools/time to do this yourself? If so all can be done over a weekend. Good chance to invest in tools, a jack and stands. Bring a buddy over, have a pizza and a pop or adult pop.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah just did my front bumper.. it was a very simple, 8 bolts and 2 fog light disconnects. took me a couple of hours. do it yourself save some cash and enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done and not getting ripped off.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Front bumper, 1-2 hours alone, .75-1.5 with a friend. Basic hand tools. Rear bumper same as front, side steps 1-2 hours depending. Bring a friend. If you where close to Phoenicia would do it for u for a quarter that. Lol
Old 05-22-2012, 01:35 PM
JK Super Freak

I know time and space play a part in many people's decisions to have parts like these installed, but I would really encourage you to give it a shot yourself. You are not dealing with any parts here that can not be done with simple hand tools, and you can do it alone, thought a little help goes a long way. I's agree with the estimates below, but you might consider pocketing the install money and doing it yourself.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

completely agree with everyone else on this. Also just climbing around your Jeep will give you the chance to really see everything and know what it's supposed to look like before it's broken

Quick Reply: Reasonable time AND cost for instal front, rear bumpers and side steps/krawlers...?